cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 link not detecting

VRGerii
Honored Guest

So basically im running the latest version of oculus app on my pc and my oculus is having the latest update as well, but when im trying to connect my pc and my quest with my 3rd party cable it searches for a pc forever

Thanks for any advice. 👍

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @VRGerii! Thanks for reaching out to us concerning your Quest 2 not being detected through Quest Link. We understand that you just want to connect to your PC to play VR, but we regret to inform you that Meta recommends using a Meta-branded Quest Link cable, not a third-party one. We kindly recommend that you purchase a Meta-branded Quest Link cable such as this one. We hope that we were able to answer your question! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us! We hope that you have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there again, @VRGerii! We're checking in to see how everything's going. We want to make sure that we're providing you with all of the assistance you need, and to let you know we're still here if you need us! If you do still need assistance, please let us know by responding to our previous post and we'll be more than happy to assist you further! We're looking forward to your reply!​​

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So i don't really think it is the cable because i can't even use air link ( but i can use steam link ), and my quest detects the usb and i can access the quest file but i can't go to that link stuff ( basically i can't access my pc ). I think there is a problem with the app. I could use my 3rd party cable like a month ago btw. Thanks for reaching out ! ( sorry for not responding i was away )

Hello @VRGerii! Thank you for the swift response and providing us a clarification on where the problem is rooted. We're sorry this has been an ongoing issue for you, We know it's no fun to not be able to use our devices to their full capacity so we would love to help getting this issue resolved for you. In order to do so, please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

Hi again @VRGerii! We got your PM and we will be with you as soon as possible! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?