cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not connected to Meta Quest app

zari_kayy
Honored Guest

I have not used my Quest 2 in a while. When I picked it up to play it again I had to set up all the new Meta accounts. Now my device is not connecting to the app on my iPhone. I can see my device in the app and it says “last checked about a day ago” and the settings are grayed out saying “connect your headset to get information and configure your device”. Every once in a while I see “connecting…” at the top but it always goes back to saying “last checked about a day ago”

I cannot figure out how to get the device connected back to the app. Device and phone are both powered on and on the same wifi. Bluetooth is enabled on my phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching back out and trying those for us. We don't have a option to remove the device from the account, so we'll like to try doing a factory reset to attempt to fix this. Now doing a factory reset will erase everything on the device including saved game data and pictures. So we'll like for you to do a Cloud Backup so you won't lose anything before doing the factory reset.

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

After that, you can do a factory reset

Once you do all of that, please attempt to pair the headset once more. Let us know how this helps. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey zari_kayy. We know how concerning it could be to not have your headset pair to the mobile app. We don't want you missing out on anymore fun that VR has to offer. Not worry, we're here and we'll do everything we can to get this fixed for you. 

We'll like to ask you to uninstall and reinstall the mobile app, and also follow these steps to reboot the headset. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

After you do that, please attempt to pair the two again and see if those steps help. We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I rebooted using the instructions and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the app again (had tried this already) but that did not fix the problem. I still see my device in the app, but all the buttons are grayed out and says I need to connect my device. It will say “connecting…” at the top for a while and then it says “last checked 3 hours ago”

Not sure if I need to completely remove the headset from the app and pair it again, but I can’t see any option to do that. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching back out and trying those for us. We don't have a option to remove the device from the account, so we'll like to try doing a factory reset to attempt to fix this. Now doing a factory reset will erase everything on the device including saved game data and pictures. So we'll like for you to do a Cloud Backup so you won't lose anything before doing the factory reset.

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

After that, you can do a factory reset

Once you do all of that, please attempt to pair the headset once more. Let us know how this helps. 

That worked, thanks!!! 🙂

Not a problem at all! We are so happy that we were able to get this fixed for you! If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Kiddn06
Honored Guest

Just had an update today and now my Quest 2 is doing the same thing.  Tried all the trouble shooting tricks and still nothing.  It recognizes the headset is there and allows me to enter the code but then it just doesn’t link.

Hi there, @Kiddn06! Hearing that your VR gaming has been halted due to an issue pairing your Quest 2 with your mobile app is disheartening. We want to help get you back to VR as soon as possible. Thank you for confirming that you have already attempted the troubleshooting steps that were provided in this thread. We would like to confirm some additional information in order to determine what other troubleshooting steps to offer next.

Please confirm the following:

• What phone are you using to pair your headset?
  • Your headset and phone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
    • If you have a dual band network, these devices must be on the same frequency.
  • Your mobile phone app is up to date.
  • Is there multiple users that use your headset?

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Hi there, we wanted to follow up with you to see if you still need help with pairing your Quest 2 to your mobile app. Let us know; we are here to help!

Hey there, I have a similar problem as @Kiddn06. My quest wouldn't connect to my phone, I also checked for updates and made sure I'm on the same network. I did work with my iPad and so I got the headset up and running. The problem now is, on my phone I can see my quest 2 but it sais it's not able to find the quest. for example when I try to start streaming the headsets video to my phone it tells me that there's a problem with the connection to my headset. Could I further assist you with finding the reason of the problem? Do you have any other ideas on ways to fix this problem? 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?