cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not connecting to Oculus phone app -SOLVED-

payt69
Protege
This is what happened to me just now, so here's aheads up to those who are trying to get their brand new Quest 2 to connect to their phone.

In my case, I already had the app on my phone because I also have a Go and Rift S. I tried connecting through the app by adding a new headset. However, the app only offered the go, Rift S and Quest options, and so I tried connecting using the Quest one. The problem is: The quest 2 really needs the Quest 2 option in the app, and the app doesn't seem to automatically update to include the quest 2 option.

The solution: Uninstall Oculus app from your phone, and reinstall it. Then go through the connection procedure again using the now included Quest 2 option, and Bob's your uncle!

Good luck and have fun! It seems the Q2 really is a nice headset, though I still have to get used to it's shape a bit, and it also seems to be a bit more like everything is a bit more 'bendy' when you move your head around, like looking through a fishbowl. Turns out the Rift S does this too, but possibly to a lesser extent.

Anyway.. enough of my ramblings..
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Good to know. I had an update to my iOS phone app yesterday, but it still doesn't show Quest 2 in the Pair New Headset section. If it hasn't sorted itself out by the time my headset arrives tomorrow, I'll uninstall and reinstall.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Nixxxxxx
Protege
Has anyone had this issue with your quest 2 not showing up on your phone but your quest 2 is already setup?

Did you ever hear anything about this issue? It's been driving me crazy for about a month. My Time Zone in my Quest 2 is off as well, even after a factory reset so I'm thinking it has to due with this.

i have the issue but how to repair

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?