cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not connecting to pc oculus app

badbadger333
Honored Guest

Hi,

Trying to connect PC to Oculus for the first time, and it's not working. I've been trying to use airlink, and the computer shows up as an option in the Questlink menu on the headset, but when I click Launch, it goes to a black loading screen with 3 white dots and stays there forever (I've let it go on for many minutes and no effect).

- The computer occasionally has the notifications "Oculus isn't working properly. Click here to check our support article." and "We can't find your headset. Please connect your headset."

- The Airlink troubleshooting menu on the oculus has green check marks in all four categories (Network Band, Channel Width, Ethernet, Wifi Signal Strength) and the PC Oculus app shows the quest and controllers under devices, with green check marks.

- Sound works: when I'm on that loading screen, the headset will play sound from the computer, though it won't do anything else and doesn't allow any interaction.

- The Oculus is on the latest version and the computer is running Windows 11 and is only about a month old. I've restarted both the headset and computer multiple times.

Specs:

Laptop is an Acer nitro 5

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

I'd really appreciate any advice!

Screenshots of the oculus app and the notifications:

This is the PC oculus appThis is the PC oculus appThese are the notifications that I see sometimes when I try to launch Questlink on the headsetThese are the notifications that I see sometimes when I try to launch Questlink on the headset

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @badbadger333! We see you are experiencing a black screen when trying to use AirLink. We understand how troublesome this can be when trying to enjoy your VR experience, so let's dive into this further! Firstly, please check the Meta Quest Link compatibility by clicking here. We also have a few suggestions we'd like for you to try as well in attempt to remedy the black screen problem. Please try the following:

• Whitelist the Oculus software in your antivirus/firewall program.
  • Ensure all cables are properly plugged into the PC in the right ports. Quest via Link connects via USB-C 3.0.
  • Try reseating the cable on both the headset side and the side that plugs into the GPU and inspect it for damage such as bent pins, frays, twists, kinks, etc.
  • Update graphics drivers - in case customers can hear the sounds of the home environment but can't see it.
    • NVIDIA graphics card, we have 2 options for you to pick:
      • Download the latest drivers from the GeForce website directly at Nvidia Drivers
      • If you have the GeForce Experience software installed on your PC, download the latest driver updates for your graphics card from the Drivers tab in the GeForce Experience app.
    • AMD graphics card, we have 2 options for you to pick:
      • Download the latest drivers from the AMD website directly at AMD Drivers.
      • Install updates through AMD Radeon Settings:
        • Right-click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings. (If you can't see AMD Radeon Settings, select AMD Catalyst Control Center).
        • Select Information on the menu.
        • Select Software Update.
        • Select Check for updates now.
        • Download and install the latest graphics card drivers (64-bit drivers are required)

Note: The Link cable should be disconnected from the computer prior to updating or reinstalling the graphics driver. After an update/installation, the PC should be restarted to make sure the update/installation was successful prior to reconnecting the Link cable.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be patiently watching for your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @badbadger333, we just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to resolve the issue with your AirLink displaying a black screen. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be patiently waiting for your response! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!