cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not pairing to app

WaffleEater87
Explorer

I bought this for my son’s birthday in July 2022, and have never been able to get past the “unable to connect to your headset” page when attempting to pair the headset and the iPad app. Seeing that others have had similar problems, I have patiently waited for a solution, to no avail. Please let me know how this can be addressed. Thank you.

80 REPLIES 80

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @WaffleEater87! We see that you're experiencing issues with paring your headset to your iPad. We completely understand how inconvenient it is when technology isn't working the way it's intended. No worries though, as we're here to help!

First, we'd like to ask a few questions so that we can get a better understanding of what exactly is happening:

• Is the headset refurbished, used, or new?
  • What version of the Meta app are you currently on?
  • Are you able to try pairing with a different mobile device?
  • If you're getting an error, please send a screenshot so that we can take a look!

Could you please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve your issue:

• Restart both devices.
  • Ensure your mobile device's Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on your mobile device:
    • On an Android device:
      • Open Settings and go to Apps.
      • Go to Bluetooth
      • Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.
    • On an iOS device:
      • Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
      • Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
      • Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.

Feel free to reach back out to us at your earliest convenience to let us know if any of those steps worked or not, and we'd be more than glad to continue helping you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

WaffleEater87
Explorer

Hi,

Still no luck, even after restarting, confirming Bluetooth is on, and clearing Bluetooth cache by forgetting all Bluetooth devices Answers to your questions below.

• Is the headset refurbished, used, or new? —> New
  • What version of the Meta app are you currently on? —> 191.0
  • Are you able to try pairing with a different mobile device? —> No
  • If you're getting an error, please send a screenshot so that we can take a look!

F3C0885D-78C2-4F68-A7B9-7FE85B000AD7.png

Hey WaffleEater87! Thank you for providing us with that information. We would like to look into this further so if you could send us a private message in case we need to gather account information. You can send us a PM by doing the following:

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

WaffleEater87
Explorer

Thank you, PM sent.

Did you ever find a solution? Because I’m having the exact same problem

Hello, I'm sophiasmile10. We saw that you were having trouble connecting your headset to your app. Since we are aware that this may limit your VR experience, let us help you join the action.

Have you tried removing the app from the phone and headset and installing it again?

This link will show you how to uninstall the app from your phone and then reinstall it.

To uninstall the Meta Quest mobile app from your Android phone:

1. From your phone’s home screen, go to Settings.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Scroll down and tap the Meta Quest app, then tap Uninstall.

To uninstall the Meta Quest mobile app from your iPhone:

1. From your iPhone’s home screen, find the Meta Quest app.
  2. Tap and hold the Meta Quest app until it shakes and is marked with a small X in the top left corner of the app.
  3. Tap X, then tap Delete.

Hello, I'm sophiasmile10. We wanted to make sure you were still in need of help with your Quest 2 pairing with your app. Your input is very valuable to us, so don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Hi sorry, all I had to do was a factory reset and it was working properly again👍

That's wonderful to  hear! 

If you run into any other issues or concerns, feel free to let us know!