cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not recording game audio

PiperSniper.2921
Honored Guest

My game audio hasn't been working when I try to record. Mic audio is still good though.

I've restarted and booted the it but it still doesn't work. 

This is a quest 2 that is less than a year old so it's under warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hashishka_IVXX
Honored Guest

Hey, I had this problem too when I was playing Onward... So what I did was I started the recording in my home world, before I started the game. I loaded up the game while recording, I was able to hear game audio fine, then each time I would stop and start a new recording in game it was fine so maybe try that

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hashishka_IVXX
Honored Guest

Hey, I had this problem too when I was playing Onward... So what I did was I started the recording in my home world, before I started the game. I loaded up the game while recording, I was able to hear game audio fine, then each time I would stop and start a new recording in game it was fine so maybe try that

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PiperSniper.2921! We're just dropping in to see if we can shed some light regarding this audio issue we are experiencing. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, with that being said we would like to acknowledge @Hashishka_IVXX for the offered solution. If you haven't alright, we advise you give those steps a try, however we are here if you require further assistance. We're looking forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you both for being the most important part of our VR community. Have a legendary rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @PiperSniper.2921! We're you still needing assistance with the Quest 2 not recording game audio? If so, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us. Talk with you soon. Have an amazing rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nothing Against you but how is this a solution?  workaround sure but not a solution, this forum shouldn't be marked solved.  Also this didn't work for me so it must be only a solution for Onward

That's a good point and one that I hadn't thought of. Unfortunately I don't think that there's a real solution to the problem. My Quest 2 records fine now but I don't know what the issue was before or if it will happen again. The sad thing is that Meta runs it and we have to rely on them to fix our problems.

I really hope that you can find a solution or that the problem resolves itself.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?