cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not working with acer nitro 5 an517-41-r48y

Caeleni
Honored Guest

Hi everybody!
just bought this very nice laptop(ryzen 7,rtx 3060),equipped it with 32gb of ram only to find that it doesn't work with the quest 2 
both with cable or air link,the result is the same: the 3 loading dots stay there forever

sometimes i get the general error message,mostly not

it worked with my old desktop(ryzen 5 and an old r9 380x) but obviously was really slow and full of glitches

does anyone solved this issue?

what's the point of having the quest 2 if i cannot connect it to a latest generation laptop....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gilb66
Honored Guest

Installed latest drivers from nvidia and had the same problem. But then installed latest drivers from AMD (adrenaline) and it works now.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

Aren't those Windows 11 equipped? Windows 11 isn't supported for various different issues

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Caeleni! That is not what we like to hear. First, we want to make sure that your new laptop is running on Windows 10 and not Windows 11. Also, we want to make sure that your new laptop has the latest link compatibility, to see please click here

If you're on Windows 10 and the issues still persists, we're going to have you send us a private message including your logs.    

Here are the steps to gather your logs:

1.Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2.Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
        *The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3.Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4.Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5.Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6.The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7.Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Was this ever resolved? Just bought it today and I'm getting ready to return it. Already gave it a 1 star on Best Buy. I have literally spent the last 5 hours troubleshooting and NOTHING has managed to stop the perpetual 3 dot loading screen when I launch to my PC. The Occulus app on PC clearly shows the device, even shows all the battery life in the Devices tab, but when I try to connect it won't do it.

Easily one of the worst experiences I've had out of the box with a new electronic device.

I should add my Acer Nitro has a 3070 and Windows 10. Seems similar to original poster.

I have an acer nitro with a 3060 and windows 10 and it works. But only with the drivers for the graphics card that are on the Acer site. When I tried the latest drivers from nvidia it stoped working (white dots) and I had to go back to the older drivers. 

Mendae
Honored Guest

Hello,
I have about the same problem with my workstation (Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45-R90 U) unable to open the oculus application or if it opens it works very badly with or without Lynk cable.
For info, everything works very well if my station is connected to additional screens (via a Lenovo docking station)

So basically I had to go to device manager, and I right clicked the AMD GPU and disabled it, then reenabled it. By disabling it, it forced the Occulus app to read the correct GPU.

Good howdy to all and to all a good howdy!

We see you got yourself an impressive rig going on! So we definitely want to make sure you're all up to speed and in perfect VR condition. However, there may be an internal error that we just can't see from our end, here in social support. This doesn't mean we can't help, this just means we'll have to collaborate with our main support channel so we can dive a little further in the deep in and take a look at those internals. Our next move is to gather some LOG information and get you in touch with said support channel.

Here are the steps to gather your logs:

1.Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2.Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
*The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3.Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4.Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5.Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6.The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7.Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

As well, you can get in touch with that most awesome support here: https://metaque.st/Support. Once you provide them all that beautiful information, we can take an in-depth look and see what's going on. We'll get you back in peak performance in no time!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You should look at my reply in this thread.

Do you guys plan on fixing this issue with laptops using on-board GPU's? Airlink isn't recognizing the main GPU in any laptops with on-board GPU's. It's only reading the integrated graphics. This is why people can't get airlink to work on Laptops.

Are you fixing this issue?

Confirming the issue, if disable on-board GPU, it works, otherwise airlink endlessly shows three dots. All connection requirements are met. In Oculus logs (in folder "OculusClientLogs" specifically), I see message:

{!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
Code: -1010 -- ovrError_DeviceUnavailable
Description: No Vulkan physical device matching LUID detected

What is interesting, I think problem appeared after version 40 update, before it worked ok without disabling on-board GPU.