cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 not working with acer nitro 5 an517-41-r48y

Caeleni
Honored Guest

Hi everybody!
just bought this very nice laptop(ryzen 7,rtx 3060),equipped it with 32gb of ram only to find that it doesn't work with the quest 2 
both with cable or air link,the result is the same: the 3 loading dots stay there forever

sometimes i get the general error message,mostly not

it worked with my old desktop(ryzen 5 and an old r9 380x) but obviously was really slow and full of glitches

does anyone solved this issue?

what's the point of having the quest 2 if i cannot connect it to a latest generation laptop....

14 REPLIES 14

Hey there, we know how frustrating it can be when connections don't go smoothly! Worry not, if you still need assistance go ahead and open a support ticket with us here and if you would please include the log files when opening the ticket. We'd be happy to help out with this issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gilb66
Honored Guest

Installed latest drivers from nvidia and had the same problem. But then installed latest drivers from AMD (adrenaline) and it works now.

That did it. Thanks.

Started with updating Nvidia drivers, but nothing. Disabled AMD graphics and it worked but worked terribly. Updating the AMD drivers worked a treat.

If only ASUS support was competent. The best they said was the USBC port is for charging only but you can connect HDMI...

I figured out another way with the NVIDIA card issue in laptops. This works 100%

You have to go into the 3D settings for NVIDIA, and change the Oculus app to run on "High Performance"

Have the 3D settings open, and launch the Oculus App on your laptop. In the 3D settings under recent apps after launching the Oculus App you'll see a few apps related to Oculus as options to select. Change them all to high performance.

This forces the high performance GPU instead of the on-board GPU.

This works for me. Thank you mate!!