cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 on Windows 11 is unplayable

TinyGamer16
Explorer

I've tried every solution to solve this problem and they all don't work well, although having the OVR server visible does sometimes fix the stuttering, most of the time it doesn't work, kind of wish Meta would just update there pc software to work on windows 11, but there's nothing I can do about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lordubuntu
Protege

Hi, i feel you, oculus don't support windows 11 unfortunately(yet)...had bad performance too.

Luckly for us the dev of the steam app "fpsVR" made a temporary fix..you can find the thread with all the information here 

Basically you need to download the fix from there https://fpsvr.net/w11fix.zip

Btw this is the problem:

Windows 11 multimedia timer resolution for any process depends on the state of its window. Higher resolution can improve the accuracy of time-out intervals in wait functions, which is very important for the VR frame generation pipeline. Starting with Windows 11, by default if a window-owning process becomes fully occluded, minimized, or otherwise invisible or inaudible to the end user, Windows may automatically ignore the timer resolution request and thus does not guarantee a higher resolution than the default system resolution.

How does the fix solve this issue?

This file changes the properties of the SteamVR and Oculus processes, it explicitly disabling the PROCESS_POWER_THROTTLING_IGNORE_TIMER_RESOLUTION property.

You need to launch the fix (.bat file) every time the oculus service starts/restarts.

Another advice i give you, is to play games in oculus native mode if the game supports it, if not give a look to Opencomposite.

Hope this help and fix your problems..cheer! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Lordubuntu
Protege

Hi, i feel you, oculus don't support windows 11 unfortunately(yet)...had bad performance too.

Luckly for us the dev of the steam app "fpsVR" made a temporary fix..you can find the thread with all the information here 

Basically you need to download the fix from there https://fpsvr.net/w11fix.zip

Btw this is the problem:

Windows 11 multimedia timer resolution for any process depends on the state of its window. Higher resolution can improve the accuracy of time-out intervals in wait functions, which is very important for the VR frame generation pipeline. Starting with Windows 11, by default if a window-owning process becomes fully occluded, minimized, or otherwise invisible or inaudible to the end user, Windows may automatically ignore the timer resolution request and thus does not guarantee a higher resolution than the default system resolution.

How does the fix solve this issue?

This file changes the properties of the SteamVR and Oculus processes, it explicitly disabling the PROCESS_POWER_THROTTLING_IGNORE_TIMER_RESOLUTION property.

You need to launch the fix (.bat file) every time the oculus service starts/restarts.

Another advice i give you, is to play games in oculus native mode if the game supports it, if not give a look to Opencomposite.

Hope this help and fix your problems..cheer! 

CloseEnough
Honored Guest

I don't think this is a Win11 related problem.

I am on Win10 and since the V39 Update PCVR is impossible to enjoy. Everything was working fine for months before and i didnt change anything else. 

Does this PTC update fix Link judder on Windows 11 for you?

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-ptc-air-link-windows-11-fix/

Can confirm that the latest ptc works perfectly fine on windows 11 22h2. Also worked fine on the release build.

Yeah, I had the same problem with windows 10 as well ,