cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 turns on then immediately turns off

silisimo
Honored Guest

Hi, whenever I turn on my oculus Quest 2, it shows the blue mega quest logo for a few milliseconds, then shows a gray screen, then finally turns off. This happens in the span of about 4 seconds. It just does the same thing weather you hold the power button or tap it, I’ve even tried powering it off and factor resetting it and it won’t work. It’s already been charged and doesn’t seem to be damaged.
I haven’t found any post that has the same issue as this, if you know anything, please reach out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out, I was very confused, and I thought it was because I overcharged it or something, because I has left the plug in! However, the plug was actually. Only part-way in! I turned it on, hoping to play some beat saber, when suddenly I had the same problem! I was sure it was charging, but as soon as I plugged it ALL the way in, it just said 0%! So basically, if you have this problem, it means that your device is dead, and you need to charge it.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @silisimo. We understand how important it is to have a headset that is working the way it is intended to work, and this is never the ideal experience we'd want you to have. We'd love to take a deeper dive into this issue. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey! We're just stopping by to see if you're still in need of assistance with your Meta Quest 2. If you're still having issues, please send us a PM at your earliest convenience. We're always happy to help when we can.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kreytor.924
Honored Guest

i have that to how do i fix it?

S3anyBoy
Honored Guest

Even the holding vol down and power to get to the boot menu doesnt work.

qaqo
Honored Guest

yeah, same. i just wanted to play my oculus 😞

Hey there! It seems like all of you are experiencing the same issue with your device shutting down abruptly. Rest assured, we are here to assist each one of you. To help us resolve this matter, kindly send us a private message with some crucial details. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey! Just wanted to drop by and see if you guys still need a hand with your device playing hide and seek, or if you've managed to crack the code! Give us a shout, we're all ears and ready to lend a helping paw!

DMc46
Explorer

DO NOT FRET, I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER! its cuz ur oculus is dead lol

I figured it out, I was very confused, and I thought it was because I overcharged it or something, because I has left the plug in! However, the plug was actually. Only part-way in! I turned it on, hoping to play some beat saber, when suddenly I had the same problem! I was sure it was charging, but as soon as I plugged it ALL the way in, it just said 0%! So basically, if you have this problem, it means that your device is dead, and you need to charge it.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?