cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 will not pair to IOS

SoloZilMord
Honored Guest

I have not received any useful help on this. I have done all of the trouble shooting. I have factory reset the device. I cleared the Bluetooth cache. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing works! Help! 

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SoloZilMord! We definitely want to do everything we can to get you back into the virtual world. so we'd love to assist further! To clarify this situation a bit, have you ever been able to pair this headset with this particular phone in the past? Is this the first time you're connecting this headset in the Meta Quest mobile app? What specifically happens when pairing? Are you running into any error messages? Please keep us updated and we can continue from there! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have paired it to this phone prior. I deleted the headset on the website hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn’t. The headset asks for a code, I put in the code, and then it says it cannot pair.

Thanks for letting us know, @SoloZilMord! How many digits is that code you're entering, by the way? Also, when you factory reset the headset before, was this done through the Meta Quest mobile app or on the physical headset itself? Lastly, could you please confirm that your phone is compatible to support the mobile app per this article? We're pretty eager to hear your next update!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

5 digits. 79750. I held power down and volume down and selected factory reset. And yes iPhone 12.

We appreciate you clarifying those details! By the way, why did you choose to factory reset your headset to begin with? Were you having any problems prior to this pairing issue? Additionally, we recommend completing the following troubleshooting steps, if you haven't already tried them:

• Ensure the phone app and headset are on the latest available software version.
  • Ensure phone and headset are connected to the same network, on the same frequency. Remove the Wi-Fi on your phone, restart it, then add the Wi-Fi back on
  • Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect communication (such as headset covers, etc.)
  • Try pairing with another phone/device, if possible.

The pairing issue was happening prior. So I looked at troubleshooting options posted here already and attempted those. 

Greetings again @SoloZilMord! Thank you for providing that information, we surely would like to get this resolved for you. In order to do so, please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

Hey again @SoloZilMord! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having Quest 2 not pairing. Were you still experiencing these issues? Hope to talk to you soon! Have a great day!

It still will not pair to the app.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?