cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 won't boot past spinning Meta logo

BrinnDaGamer
Honored Guest

My Meta quest is staying on the loading screen where it shows the logo spinning. It has stayed on there for so long having me lose hope. I was thinking you could help me fix it. Basically the problem is that the meta quest will not turn off. I tried the boot screen, toggle/on button, and shutting it down. But it wouldn't work. It is a meta quest 2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No worries, @BrinnDaGamer! Although, Cloud Backup can only be enabled on the headset itself, Cloud Backup is enabled by default on Quest headsets, so you should be good to go to perform the factory reset! 

Click "Here" to visit our public article on how to factory reset your device or follow the following steps:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Menu then tap Devices.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Headset Settings then tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know if the issue still persist after factory resetting and we'll see what other options we have for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

BrinnDaGamer
Honored Guest

😮wait. It stopped. It has no batteries. Wait lemme charge it and I will come back later for more information 👍.

OK it has charged and the same thing happened again.

Hello there, @BrinnDaGamer! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand that having boot issues while trying to enjoy VR gaming can be discouraging, so we would love to look further into this for you in order to get you back to a smooth VR experience. If you haven't already, can you please perform a factory reset using the steps listed below? Please be mindful of the fact that a factory reset will remove all data and information from the device. If Cloud Backup are enabled beforehand, part of this data can be recovered. Though Cloud Backup is available to all Meta Quest developers, bear in mind that developers are ultimately responsible for determining whether to enable this functionality for their app and what data is backed up. 

Factory Reset from Meta Quest mobile app: 

2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again so we can continue to look into the options we have available for you. We look forward to hearing back from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there again, @BrinnDaGamer! We want you to have the best possible VR experience, so we're checking in to see if performing a factory reset was effective. If you're still experiencing issues booting after performing a factory reset, we kindly ask that you send us a PM!

Please make sure you're logged in to the community before sending us a PM! To access our profile page, either select our name or click here! Next, click 'Send a Message' to PM us.

We can't wait to hear back from you so that we can help you get back to playing in VR! 

I have not performed a factory reset. Today is actually when I remembered to check my problem. I am a little hesitant to perform a factory reset because the problem with that is if I can turn on the cloud backup on the app. Cause I think I haven't turned on Cloud backup and i dont know if i can do that on my phone. But I won't be hesitant as soon as I can turn on cloud backup. Also I don't know what a PM is and I don't know what you mean by logged in to the community because I don't what I'm suppose to log into.

No worries, @BrinnDaGamer! Although, Cloud Backup can only be enabled on the headset itself, Cloud Backup is enabled by default on Quest headsets, so you should be good to go to perform the factory reset! 

Click "Here" to visit our public article on how to factory reset your device or follow the following steps:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

2. Tap Menu then tap Devices.
  4. Tap Headset Settings then tap Advanced Settings.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know if the issue still persist after factory resetting and we'll see what other options we have for you!

I am having problems with the factory reset. I proceeded to try it on the app and the problem is that I can not press the advanced setting button. It may have to do with the headset not being synced or something.

Sorry I mean I can't press on the settings button not the advanced button

I have thought to try it on the headset when it has no batteries and then it's charged. The boot screen for the headset, you said that it had to be off right? So I wait until the headset has no batteries, I charge it, and because it can be turned off at the part that shows what the battery is. I could try the factory reset.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?