cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 won’t pair or factory rest

trickle13
Honored Guest

I bought the quest 2 off a work friend who is moving away. I have the quest 1 already. I updated the software and it’s requiring his Facebook and email logins now and won’t let me add my account until I do. I can’t pair it to my phone it just endlessly looks for it after I put in the pairing code. I made sure my phone and headset were paired in Bluetooth as well. I can’t factory reset it with the app because it won’t pair. I also can’t factory rest by holding the two buttons because when I get to the factory reset menu the second I let go of any of the two buttons to get to the menu, it restarts the entire headset. 

13 REPLIES 13

Hey there, @trickle13! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @XSelf-MadeX! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello! After leaving it alone for a few days and no response from my friend (no big deal he’s moving across the country) I was finally able to factory reset it using the headset. I dont know what was wrong with it and why it would reboot on the USB screen instead of letting me pick options. It finally worked and now I’m gonna log into my account. Unfortunately I wanted to keep the one game he has that I didn’t own in my library, but that’s ok I suppose. Thank you for your help. 

Hey there, @trickle13! We're glad to hear that the issue was resolved! If there's ever anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to reach out to us!