cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 won’t pair with mobile after factory reset

I made my son a meta account so he never had an oculus account. His left controller wouldn’t move so figure tracking but couldn’t fix cuz steps don’t work on Meta. Then I finally did factory rest & now it wants me to pair new controllers on screen pulling tabs out & they’ve already been paired once so not new. Also Meta wants to pair Headset to Phone App but it will not pair. I tried to Submit a Support Ticket but Meta give you a list of problems to choose from & if your problem isn’t there you can’t submit a ticket. It should have an other option to click on then explain. Anyway I am fed up & Meta knows pairing headsets to the mobile app is an ongoing issue they’re not fixing & my $400 May not mean anything to Meta but it Sure Does to me so I will not ever buy another one if they can’t make this easiest to at least make a support ticket but I’d probably never hear back. Kids are gonna give Meta Quest Brand a Bad Wrap when they can’t play they’re quest 2 or any quest because Meta has Software Problems & No Way to Submit a Support Ticket with Meta for Headset not Pairing with Meta Phone App. I am tired after working so long on this for nothing cuz Can’t Submit Support No Ticket & Can’t Get Support. Honestly as a parent & as more I’ve talked to we just can’t advise anyone to buy a quest 2 til y’all get this mess fixed cuz I’ve read so many other stories with same problem I have & I’m sure most people give up & y’all do not hear from them. But…. I want my $400 Oculus/Meta Quest 2 fixed & I don’t care who fixes it but it’s less than a tear old & im through trying to submit a support ticket when there’s no way too. I need help cuz I’m about to junk this garbage.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya Dylansmith83.2022. We do understand your discouragement and dismay with your headset not attempting to pair properly to the mobile app. We'll do everything we can to get you and your family back into VR and enjoy the VR experience again. 

What we want to do first is trying to uninstall and reinstall the mobile app. After that please attempt to reboot the headset with these steps. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Reboot and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you are still having problems with pairing your headset to the mobile app, we ask that you do create a ticket on our Support Website. We can see that you have tried to get in touch with us but have been unsuccessful in doing so. We'd like for you to follow this workflow in order to get the option to contact us. 

Meta Quest 2>Headset Charging or Power>Headset doesn't connect to Wi-Fi>This doesn't solve my issue

After you follow that, you will get prompted to contact us through Email, Chat or even a scheduled phone call. Again you'll get connected with one of our amazing agents, who will welcome you and look into some warranty options for you. We do wish you the best and want to do everything possible to get you and your son back into VR.