cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 Bugs and glitches

M7mnch
Honored Guest

Hi,

I've been playing VR using the Quest 3 with my friend but we keep experiencing alot of bugs on both sides and its ruining the exprience. For some reason we always appear offline to each other in our contact even when we are both online and even when we are in the same voice chat group and sometimes  we appear offlien to each others in apps like bigscreen as well. We also see each others avatars in T-poses or the avatar is underground that we cant even see them and just see the nametags on the floor and for some reason every now and then the our home environments keep changing back to the default "Horizon" home.  We also used to be able to go to each others virtual enviornment easily but for some reason now we can only go to the "host's" home, the bigscreen app Is also always stuck at 55% loading.  And alot of the time when power off the headset it claims that its installing an update and we should connect it to a charger when there is no update, it happens way too often and probably most of the time we power the headset off. sometime i see the headset is still not turned off because that.

The amount of bugs and glitches is honestly ridiculous and its ruining an otherwise incredible experience. and these bugs seem so simple and silly that they should have been addresed a long time ago but we keep getting updates that fix nothing. 

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @M7mnch! We would love to help you with everything you've been experiencing. We completely understand how charging issues, along with the other mentioned can hinder your VR experience. We would like to make sure first that you do have a strong internet connection and would like to ask what software version your headset is currently running. In order for us to better assist you, we would also like to ask if you are casting when gaming and what that set up look it. we want to make sure your having the best VR experience and would love to provide any fixes.

We look forward to hearing back from you!  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We are just circling back to check and see if you still need help. Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

M7mnch
Honored Guest

Yes I  have a very strong connection, Im running V66 of quest 3 and Im not casting anything.

In this case, for reporting issues with certain features like avatars being stuck in weird poses or native apps like the home environment not working correctly, you will want to bug report these by using the report a problem tool. You can find more information about how to do so here. For loading issues with a single app like Bigscreen, you would want to first try reinstalling the app to see if that fixes it, but you can otherwise reach out to the developers for more support or to report issues to them from their website here.

M7mnch
Honored Guest

I did bug report using the report a problem tool but nothing has been resolved. I've also tried the meta chat support and opened an email ticket but still nothing has been resolved. The problem isnt a single app, like I've said it also happens in the home environment which is the built in enviornment of the quest 3 headset. 

Thank you @M7mnch, for the swift response and providing further clarification on the matter at hand. We know it's no fun to not be able to use our devices to their full capacity so we would love to help getting this issue resolved for you. With that being said, please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @M7mnch! We wanted to check in to see whether you still needed assistance. We understand you're eager to resolve this issue, and we'd love to help get to the bottom of this!

We hope to hear from you soon! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?