cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 Screen Froze

batgunship
Honored Guest

I have a problem with my quest 3 were the screen is stuck, if you look around the screen goes with the headset. I tried resetting my headset even put it in factory reset mode and it still didn't fix it. The screen is still fixed in one spot and won't move.

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @batgunship! We appreciate your report on this issue you described on your Meta Quest 3 headset! We want to do our best to ensure that you have the very best VR experience possible, so let's work together to get to the bottom of this! 

Let's try a few steps first:

1. Make sure the tracking is turned on.
    1. Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System from the Settings panel.
    4. Select Headset Tracking from the left-side panel.
    5. Make sure Headset Tracking is ticked.
  2. Clear your boundary history.
    1. Bear in mind that if you have multiple accounts on the same headset, boundary history will be cleared for all accounts, not just the account you're currently using.
    2. Press the Oculus/Meta logo on your right controller.
    3. Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu.
    4. Select Settings.
    5. In the settings panel, select Boundary.
    6. Select 'Clear Boundary history'.
    7. Redraw your Guardian boundaries by selecting 'Adjust Boundary' from the Boundary settings menu.
  3. After the above steps are done, let's try a hard reset after the settings updates. 
    1. Hold down the power button and volume down button for 30 seconds until you hear the boot-up sound.
    2. If the boot-up sound is not heard:
      1. Hold the power and volume (-) buttons down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
      2. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Boot Device" and press the power button.
      3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If these steps don't help, please reach out to us privately so we can take a closer look into our options. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @batgunship! We noticed that we haven't heard back from you yet. If you still need help with this, please feel free to reach out! We'd love to look into things further together!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes thank you I ended up just restarting the headset until it unfroze. I was able to fix the problem for the most part im still having this problem tho when I put the headset down the tracking gets lost and I have to reset the headset 

Thank you for getting back to us on this matter. We'd be happy to continue looking into which options may be available to you, but our next steps would involve gathering sensitive information. So if you would still like further assistance, please reach out to us via PM using the instructions in our last reply. We're more than happy to continue looking into things together!

Hey there, @batgunship! We noticed that we haven't heard back from you yet. If you still need help with this, please let us know. We're more than happy to continue looking into the matter together!

Yeah sorry I got a little busy. I seem to have another problem now we're the headset won't stop losing tracking. Also sometimes it pops up with the massage that I need to turn on travel mode bc it thinks I'm moving in a car or plane or something but I'm not I'm just playing in my room Soo not how to fix that. Is there anyway I can send it to you guys to look at?

Bc I don't think restarting the headset or reset mode is going to fix this. I think it a hardware issue.

Hey there, @batgunship, and no worries, we're glad you reached back out when you could! So that we're able to continue looking further into your device, we'd like you to send us a PM. By doing so, we'll be able to gather more of your device's details in a private manner. 

To do so, either select our name to get to our profile page, or click here while signed in to the community. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Until then, we look forward to hearing from you soon! 

Good day, and we hope all is well, @batgunship! Whenever ready, we look forward to receiving a PM from you to continue digging deeper into your device. We're eager to take a further look! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?