cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3: Tv App: Spatial Audio in User Loaded Fb360 Videos No longer Respond to Head Tracking

NRuyle360
Explorer

I am seeing a bug where when I load video created in the FB360 encoder into my Quest 3, in the TV App the audio no longer responds to head tracking during playback. Video streamed from online sources seems to play back correctly. The same videos playing back in my Quest Pro do not exhibit this issue. This started with the previous Quest 3 software update and persists in the new update.  I am currently working on a show for Meta and we can no longer QC  our video in the Quest 3. Please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, hey, @NRuyle360! We understand that you're having some difficulties with audio not responding in your TV app. We would like to assist you with this, as we know how important this is for you and the project you are currently working on! In order for us to take a deeper dive into things, we'll need to gather a bit of account information and would prefer to do that out of public view. We kindly ask that you join us in PMs so we can take a look into things! Just select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, hey, @NRuyle360! We understand that you're having some difficulties with audio not responding in your TV app. We would like to assist you with this, as we know how important this is for you and the project you are currently working on! In order for us to take a deeper dive into things, we'll need to gather a bit of account information and would prefer to do that out of public view. We kindly ask that you join us in PMs so we can take a look into things! Just select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tried to send a DM and got this message:

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Hmmm, @NRuyle360. We'd like to suggest deleting any previous PMs you may have, and if that does not work, we'd suggest waiting at least 24 hours before trying to send us a PM again. We hope this helps! We'll be patiently waiting to hear from you and get things sorted out!

Planet3
Explorer

I'm also having issues with Spatial Audio in Quest TV. Since version 6.3, the virtual sound source no longer stays in one position, but moves with a head movement. If you turn 180°, the virtual sound source (which should actually remain stationary) moves with your head movement. - First noticed in "The soloist".

The original problem has not yet been solved or addressed. Can you comment on this?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Planet3! We understand that experiencing issues with the audio while using your Quest 3 is no fun! We'd love to provide you with some steps to help you get back on track! Try these tips and see if this helps!

• Ensure the volume is not muted or turned down too low.
  • Test with headphones to see if there is audio.
  • Test if this issue occurs while using other games and apps

If you are still experiencing issues after trying these tips, Please attempt to reboot the headset following these steps. Let us know if this helps! 

I have now tested Spatial Audio with the YouTube app. Here spatial audio works as it should. Spatial Audio is only affected in the Meta Quest TV app. And exactly in the way described: When you turn your head, the sound source rotates with you instead of remaining stationary in virtual space. I have now checked it again in the 360° VR video “The soloist”.

I can confirm that three weeks ago (when I first watched the film), the spatial audio worked correctly. I was very impressed by the function, as the functioning spatial audio significantly supports the immersive effect of the film. This hasn't been the case for a week now. Of course I did all of your recommendations, such as restarting, without success. - And it works in the YouTube app. So it's not a system problem, but related to the Meta Quest TV app.

It would be nice if you could forward this error to the responsible developers, as it is likely that a lot of films are affected and the VT experience will suffer significantly as a result.

NRuyle360
Explorer

This is still not working. We updated our Quest Pro and now it has the same issue. The latest update for Quest has broken Spatial Audio for all headsets in the TV app that was encoded with FB360 Spatial Audio. It seems that some content still works but my guess is that it is encoded with standard Ambix rather than FB360. 

Hey there! We understand you were still encountering some issues with the spatial audio. We certainly want to have the best experience with the audio. Based on the information provided since it would only be occurring through one particular app we would recommend submitting the details through the headset or mobile app. We want to ensure the information reaches the team so that it can be reviewed further.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?