cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 battery is pathetic.

Veisenberg
Protege

Could anyone from support tell me why the Quest 3 battery is so poor? My Quest 3 went from 100% to 5% in an hour and a half just playing VR fishing. Not exactly a system resource heavy title. And that's with a fully charged BOBOVR battery connected to it. Taking that away means my Quest 3 battery would have lasted about 40 minutes. That's shockingly bad.

So, I either I have a defective battery/Quest 3 or you guys really cheaped out on the battery this time around. Either way I'm sending this headset back.

And before you suggest I turn on battery saving mode, I shouldn't have to. The battery should last as long as you lot advertised, which is:

Battery life

Up to 2.2 hours of usage on average
Gaming: 2.4 hours of usage on average
Social: 2.2 hours of usage on average
Productivity: 1.5 hours of usage on average
Media: 2.9 hours of usage on average

This happening to my headset just after the v62 stupid water or debris in charging port fiasco, has really put me off any future META products.
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Veisenberg! We see you are having issues with your Quest 3 device and the lack of charge it is keeping while you play games. We are here to help you out and see why your device is really not keeping a charge. This is not the experience that we want for any of our customers. Please send us a private message here in order for us to get some more information about your device and your account. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Veisenberg! We have received your PM, and we'll be contacting you back shortly, so please keep an eye out for that. We hope you have a great rest of the day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?