cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 charging light flashing orange

OneFastFiero
Explorer

I've done some searching but am unable to find any solid answers. My headset is about 3 weeks old and tonight the charging indicator started flashing orange like it was connecting and disconnecting from the charger. I even heard the sound like I just plugged it in. 

I'm not going to leave it plugged in like that. Has anyone run into this problem? I'm using the quest charger and cable. I unplugged it several times to see if it was the connection, but it continued flashing. Seems like the charging circuit is failing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be a lot of things. I really hope it was just a weird fluke in my case. It hasn't come back yet. Letting them sit seems to help. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

OneFastFiero
Explorer

Okay I'll reply to my own post. I let the headset sit for a while and cool off, and it went back to normal. It seems like the charging circuit or battery is over heating and shutting down. Either I have a bad one, or this is going to be a major problem for these. I guess we'll see what happens. The only accessories I have installed are the elite strap no battery, and the meta silicone interface. Nothing is blocking the venting ports.

I'm having the same problem. Orange blinking light while charging. I have to wait a bit, then plug it back in, and then it works. However If I move the cable even a little, then the light will blink again. I hope this is a software problem. If not I'll have to bring it back.

I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be a lot of things. I really hope it was just a weird fluke in my case. It hasn't come back yet. Letting them sit seems to help. 

SeaTex
Explorer

I am having the same issue. I am not a very active VR user lately. I have noticed this occurrence almost every session though. After some time around 30 minutes or longer, the battery light blinks when charging, no matter if from the original cable and original charger block or original cable to battery bank. Also at times, during this occurrence, the amber light also does not illuminate. Nothing illuminates, even when device software shows it is charging and is maintaining a charge level. I have also noticed when moving the cable, it changes the status. What gives?

what have you found out since then? I have not been able to find anything for research about this problem, and this post is about the only place

So far When I try to charge the Quest 3 immediately after use it still blinks; Nothing has changed. I still have to wait a few minutes before I can plug it in. I hope some one from Meta would chime in.

SeaTex
Explorer

I’m having same issue but without elite strap. Blinking orange light no one seems to have any answer

Oasis502
Honored Guest

I’m having the same problem. Just seen it today for the 1st time after only having mine a week. 

Hey there, @Oasis502, and thank you for reaching out to the community with this! Power issues are nobody's idea of a fun time, so please be reassured that we'll be happy to help you find a resolution! There are some general things that might be causing this type of behavior, so give these a try and let us know if you see any difference in your symptoms:

• Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect boot (such as external battery packs, accessories that plug into the USB-C port, etc.)
  • Hard Reboot the headset
    • Hold down the power button and volume down button for 30 seconds until you hear the boot-up sound
      • If the boot-up sound is not heard:
        • Hold the power and volume (-) button down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
        • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Boot Device" and press the power button.
        • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Try to charge the headset after the hard reboot, and let us know in as many details as possible what you are experiencing at that point and if there has been any additional troubleshooting done to try and resolve this. Looking forward to hearing your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?