cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 games on Quest 1

Nohkes
Honored Guest

I have the original quest 1, I noticed that quest 3 games are not available to me on the store which makes sense, however through the pc app meta quest link, when I wirelessley connect my vr I see that games like Bonelabs and Blade and Sorcery are there for me to buy. Does this mean that through meta quest link from my pc, I am able to wirelessley connect my quest 1 and play these newer gen games?

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, as long as your PC and wifi infrastructure is suitable.

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Nohkes! Yea, essentially when you connect the headset to the PC, it utilizes the Rift software and the Quest line headsets become a monitor for the Oculus PC app. It does this by having your PC run the graphics with its GPU, and do all of the processing with its CPU.  

This is how your Quest 1 was able to have the option to play and buy newer PC titles, as the headset doesn't matter once it's connected to PC. The more compatible your PC specs are, the more intense and resource demanding games you can play.

If you do want more info or clarity, feel free to ask, I'm always down to help out! 😊

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?