cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 has no audio when connected to PC

Virtuoso015
Honored Guest

I recently get the Quest 3, and for some reason I can't get the audio to come through my headset when it is connected to my PC using a link cable or AirLink. It shows as a device in the sounds settings and it is enabled in the audio Control Panel Playback section. I never had this problem on my Quest 2.

I have updated the drivers, tried disabling the Nvidia High Definition Audio driver. Any help greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-03-07 115240.pngScreenshot 2024-03-07 115030.png

Note: This green audio bar next to the Oculus audio device stays at half-full whether the computer is playing or not. Not sure if that helps

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We understand that you are not having audio come through your headset when connected to a PC. We understand that this can disrupt a wonderful VR experience, so we would love to look into this for you so you can have the full experience with VR. Please follow this link to troubleshoot audio on the quest link, and for the air link, can you please ensure that 

1. You have v14 PTC software installed on your PC and v13 firmware on your Quest.
  2. Open up the "Sound" menu from the Windows Control Panel, and then search "Oculus Virtual Audio Device" from the "Playback" tab.
  3. Hit the "Properties" button and change the device name to "Headphones."
  4. Click the "Apply" button. 

Please see if this will do the trick for you, and in the event that it doesn't, please feel free to reach out to us again to see the other options we have available for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again @Virtuoso015! We wanted to follow up with you to determine if the information we provided you was useful or if there is anything else we can do to continue to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again, and we will be more than happy to continue to look into this for you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My headset is already named "Headphones" as you can see in the images above. I'm not sure what software version I have, but since I only just installed the application today and just got the quest 3 last week, I'm sure that they have been updated to the current versions

Thank you for confirming with us. Let's go ahead and proceed with a repair to your Oculus software to see if we can get audio to start on your Quest 3 while connected to your PC. Please try the following.

To repair your Oculus software, follow these steps:

1. Open your PC settings.
  2. Navigate to 'Apps.'
  3. Find the Oculus app in the app list (you may want to search for it).
  4. Click on 'Oculus,' then go to 'Properties.'
  5. The Oculus app should start and show a repair option. Click it, and wait.

To reinstall

To reinstall the Oculus software, visit this link: Oculus Setup, and click on the 'Download' button. If it tells you that you already have the Oculus software installed, there should be a button to 'Uninstall and Reinstall' the software. Click it and wait for the download to complete.

Please let us know if this did the trick, and don't hesitate to reach out to us otherwise.

We can't wait to hear from you soon!

Hello again, @Virtuoso015. We just wanted to follow up with you on the audio issues you were having when connected to your PC. Did you still need assistance with this matter? Talk to you soon! Have a great day!

HI im not this user, but a user with the same problem. I want to say i cant reinstall an mobile app on the pc cause its quest 3. HOW DO YOU FIX THIS SOUND PROBLEM, I CANT HEAR THE PC SOUNDS ON MY QUEST 3. Please help me with something useful, and not how to unname an headset.

Hey there, @SuperDomme, and thanks for bringing to our attention you're experiencing some similarities as @Virtuoso015 expressed. We definitely want to make sure you're able to fully immerse yourself within VR, so we'd love to help make sure you're able to hear the action going on within! While checking the device name can seem silly, it is important the headset is labeled correctly on your PC to help make things easier down the line. Once everything is set there, we'd like to make sure the following are attempted: 

1. Check the PC app settings to make sure your Quest 3 is selected as the audio source:
    • Open the PC app on your computer
    • Select Devices from the left menu and then click Quest 3
    • Below Audio, check to make sure Quest 3 Headset is selected and that the audio slider is not muted, or set all the way to the left.
  2. Check to make sure the sound of your computer is turned up and not set to 0.
  3. Check to see if there are any updates for your Quest 3:
    • Open the PC app on your computer
    • Select Library from the left menu and then click Updates to check for updates.
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Re-install PC Home application

From there, do let us know how things continue to appear once everything is set up! We want to make sure you're all set to fully explore VR! 

Hey hey SuperDomme! Just checking if you still need help? 

yes i still need help, nothing deos work

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?