cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 keeps turning off even after hard reset

Rodsta113
Honored Guest

So I've owned the quest 3 for a few months now, no real issues apart from the occasional hard crash. 

I started getting more and more hard crashes when playing stride fates. To the point where I had to hard reset the device. I followed all the steps and re-installed the game. After some time the device hard crashed again and this time the device would not stay on.. after attempting to hard reset (AGAIN), the device kept turning itself off. I've left if plugged in to make sure it's not the batteries. 

I've now ran out of patience because I cannot access the device without it crashing and turning itself off after a few seconds. Nothing is working ! 

3 REPLIES 3

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

hi @Rodsta113 

I hate to be the one that says this but it sounds like a factory reset may be the only option.

Your device sounds like it's not taken kindly to either a software update or an application. When you do the hard reset select factory reset from the list of options.

Hopefully this fixes your issues.

Jonny

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Rodsta113 and @J40NYR, thank you for your insight and bringing this to our attention! We recognize how important it is to have access to your Quest 3 and are more than happy to assist! To help us better understand, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Is this an issue only when using apps?
  • What other self trouble shooting steps have you tried?
  • Has this been happening since you started using the Quest 3?
  • What type of crash are you experiencing? Like is there an error message shown, or does it simply shuts off?

We'll be able to determine the best solution once we have more details. Hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Just wanted to check in with you to see if you still need assistance. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?