cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 v64 & MSFS - Utterly destroyed VR Experience.

TEMPEST.114
Protege

Yesterday on V63, it was fine.

NO Graphics Changes in the sim or drivers or anything, but today Oculus PC app said to update to V64.

This is the result.

https://youtube.com/shorts/VbY6BFDRR-U?feature=share

What the hell?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TEMPEST.114  Has already responded on the msfs user forum that this issue is only with msfs.  It appears that it has been resolved by using Virtual Desktop from the Quest store.  While VD is always a good alternative if you’re having problems with Link or Air Link, it usually means that the real issue is really due to meta link and/or ODT settings.  

In any case, it sounds like this poster has found a solution, which is great imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @TEMPEST.114! Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing this video of your experience with us. We can align with you on how this is inconvenient. Your gaming experience is of top priority to us, and we want to team up with you and see if we can find a resolution to this issue. To get a better understanding of what you're experiencing, can you answer these questions for us:

• Are you experiencing this issue with any content that was downloaded from the Meta PC app?
  • Are you experiencing this issue in any other VR experience?
  • Have you updated your drivers since doing the update to v64? 

We look forward to investigating this further and eagerly await your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TEMPEST.114
Protege

x

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@TEMPEST.114  Ya, saw your post yesterday on the msfs user forum.  I haven’t had any problems with my Q3 with the recent v64 update, including the meta link pc app v64.  Both regular updates, not beta or ptc.  Also with yesterday’s small msfs update, including world cities updates.  No problems with either Link or Air Link.

As I already suggested, you may want to try deleting your msfs rolling cache and windows DX cache.  Also, if you have scenery outside of the msfs marketplace these will be in your community folder and you may want to temporarily move them elsewhere.  Also, occasionally scenery files can get corrupted so you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling these.

You said that this is only happening with msfs so I doubt v64 updates have caused this and I doubt that meta support will be able to assist you.  But it doesn’t cost anything to ask them I guess.  You could also try contacting msfs support as well.

In any case, good luck sorting this out mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I already said all of this, I haven't updated any drivers or anything else since doing the update to V64. Nvidia doesn't have an update.

I only updated the PC Occulus software to V64 and did a reboot as it requested.

DCS is also having these problems, but MSFS had always been okay on V63, whilst DCS had been like this.

Now both games are like this.

When I'm not using PC Link, then the images in the headset are okay. 

I've tried using the cable link and airlink, both do the same.

Hey @TEMPEST.114! Like @TomCgcmfc mentioned, our support team won't be able to help out much when it comes to compatibility with third-party virtual experiences. Does this visual bug happen in any apps or games coming from the Meta Experiences store? If not, your best option would be to contact the developers of those games specifically:

I know in V63, there was an issue many users were experiencing for DCS, which was fixed with a patch on their end. It's likely the same would need to happen on DCS & Microsoft's end if these turn out to be widespread issues.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

@TEMPEST.114  Has already responded on the msfs user forum that this issue is only with msfs.  It appears that it has been resolved by using Virtual Desktop from the Quest store.  While VD is always a good alternative if you’re having problems with Link or Air Link, it usually means that the real issue is really due to meta link and/or ODT settings.  

In any case, it sounds like this poster has found a solution, which is great imho.

Great find! Thanks for sharing the solution with everyone else! 🙂

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?