cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 v65 - DCS (standalone) with cable link not showing in VR, only on PC screen

NBK
Explorer

Hello,

since this update that I received two days ago, I can no longer play DCS via Oculus Link.
When I start DCS within Link, it starts and I can see it in the PC screen (cropped) and I can hear the audio in the Quest 3, but the game itself does not stream to the HMD.

This problem does not occur if I run the application from Virtual Desktop, which I do not like due to performance issues.

I tried Microsoft Flight Simulator and I have no problems there.

I already tried to reinstall the Meta Oculus app and to factory reset the Quest 3. It seems to be some sort of thing linked to OpenXR, but I might be wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NBK
Explorer

Finally I found the culprit of my problems!

It was a third party software, HTCC (v1.0.0 by fredemmot) which was interacting weirdly with some features of OpenXR Toolkit (the controller emulation function in v1.3.2 by mbucchia).

If HTCC was active before the VR game session started (DCS or MSFS) at the same time as OpenXR Toolkit with the controller emulation function activated, then OpenXR would fail and not start the VR session.

Deactivating HTCC was sufficient to make everything work again. I was also able to enable HTCC "after" the VR session started.

So, in the end it was nothing related to DCS, MSFS or the Quest 3 at all. I hope this info will be useful to others in the future.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @NBK! Thank you for reaching out, and we would love to explore all possible options with you. We hate to hear you are experiencing this issue, and hopefully we can provide some clarity. With DCS being third-party content, the possibility of issues like this is exponentially greater. Also, according to the developers, the game isn't available for Quest 3, and you can read more on that here. We do understand it was working before the update, so we can completely understand how you feel. Are you experiencing this issue with any other games or apps? Another possible issue could be that your drivers may need to be updated as well, after you recently updated to v65. You can update Nvidia drivers here and AMD drivers here. Please let us know if any of this was helpful.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

as I do not know what caused the problem, I am just guessing it is related to OpenXR, somehow. I can run DCS using the Oculus runtime (forcing it with options to the DCS executable) and the performance is not bad. But using the OpenXR runtime, I have the issue that the game is not casting to the HMD. Sadly, in this way I cannot use some features specific to OpenXR.

I was also experiencing issues with Microsoft Flight Simulator until today, not being able to open a VR session due to OpenXR problems (“The initialization of VR failed. Please check that OpenXR is installed.”). Meta Quest Link was selected as the active OpenXR Runtime. I kind of solved it using Open Composite. DCS is still not working.

GPU drivers are updated (AMD 24.5.1, I have an RX 7900 XT).

To be honest, IF the issue is related to OpenXR, I assume that Quest Link is more updated than DCS, but it is a wild guess. I have no way to trace the source of the problem (no idea of which logs).

Again, in Virtual Desktop I have no problems with any PC game. But the performance is not acceptable for me on VD. So, I am looking to a stable solution on cable link.

Cheers.

Hey again @NBK. Another thing we suggest is to visit the developer forum as well if you haven't already. There's a link here that will lead you to the right place. Open convo with other developers or similar minded people who use these 3rd-Party apps could be helpful. Best regards to you and we're here if you need any support with working through an issue in the future! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

NBK
Explorer

Finally I found the culprit of my problems!

It was a third party software, HTCC (v1.0.0 by fredemmot) which was interacting weirdly with some features of OpenXR Toolkit (the controller emulation function in v1.3.2 by mbucchia).

If HTCC was active before the VR game session started (DCS or MSFS) at the same time as OpenXR Toolkit with the controller emulation function activated, then OpenXR would fail and not start the VR session.

Deactivating HTCC was sufficient to make everything work again. I was also able to enable HTCC "after" the VR session started.

So, in the end it was nothing related to DCS, MSFS or the Quest 3 at all. I hope this info will be useful to others in the future.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?