cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 3 wifi login stuck on saved

thewhitecat.302311
Honored Guest

I had an Oculus 3 for 14 days now, and every since i got it only one wifi works. (i have like 6 at home) when i try to connect to these, the quest asks for password to the wifi and after that it says "saved", and every time i try to connect to these wifi's again it does the same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @thewhitecat.302311. We see and appreciate all of the efforts you've put into helping us assit you with this issue. We appreciate all of the updates on your issue. We suggest doing a factory daata reset at this point in the process since we've tried a few options with no avail. The directions to factory reset the device are below: 

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Menu then tap Devices.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Headset Settings then tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Give this a try and let us know if this works or not. We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @thewhitecat.302311! Not being able to properly change your wifi settings can cause issues with how you are able to connect and download your games, so we want to make sure you can get that updated properly. In this case, we have a few steps worth mentioning on our help articles here. Namely it will have the steps to reboot your headset and how to change your wifi for the headset from your mobile app which should get you fixed up in this case. If you still need assistance though, please reach back out and we will be happy to continue working with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

thewhitecat.302311
Honored Guest

I tried every step on the troubleshooting page, and none of them worked. I also tried to do that from the mobile app, and there wansn't even a button to connect, but only a button to forget the network.

Thank you for letting us know what you've tried so far! We know Internet is important to providing an enjoyable experience so we're happy to keep working with you! A few other things we can try:

• If your Wi-Fi networks are operating on dual bands, please disable the dual band and try connecting.
  • You mentioned Forget network" being the option option on your phone. Can you try forgetting the network then reconnecting?
  • If you have any accessories attached to your headset that pug into the USB-c plug, can you remove it?
  • Please try resetting your modem and router

Please let us know if these help! If you have any other questions please let us know. We're happy to help!

Hey again! We wanted to reconnect with you and see if you've been able to try the steps we suggested here! We're looking forward to hearing back from you!

My router isnt running on dual bands, and still doesnt connect. I also tried forgetting the network and connecting again but that also didint work. As i said, im new to the quest 3, so i also havent got any accesories. But, i havent tried resetting the modem and router, so im going to try that later. Thanks for replying!

Thank you @thewhitecat.302311 for letting us know you are still having trouble with connecting to other Wi-Fi networks. We are eagerly waiting to see if resetting the modem and router helps. Let us know so we can continue assisting! 

I tried restarting the router and that also doesn’t work. The wifi connecting issue is really sad because I can only play downstairs and only at my house.

Hey again @thewhitecat.302311! We appreciate your continued efforts and patience as we try and figure this out. Lets get you to perform a hard reboot. Follow the steps below:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're headset is unresponsive or you're otherwise unable to restart your headset, you can do a force restart:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. If your headset doesn't automatically turn back on, press the power button until your headset turns back on.

Get back to us after you have given this a try. We look forward to your reply!

I haven’t tried the hard reboot, but I’ve rebooted the headset the normal way, and it still didint work. I will try rebooting the headset by the 30 second way later. Thanks for your reply!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?