cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Is not detected when connected to my pc using a usb 3.0 cable and port

plsdontsayfrick
Honored Guest

Tile says it all, I bought a 3.0 Cable for a better PCVR experience after realizing that my old 2.0 cable is not enough, I bought the 3.0 cable, Plugged it into my pc, Plugged it into the headset and i get a windows notification that it does not detect a headset has been conected, Is it a Problem of my Cable, Headset or PC And is there a way to fix it, The cable is not faulty, it is brand new and i tested it with other devices, as far as i know all my drivers are up2date and my quest has the latest firmware update (47.0)

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, pleasedontsayfrick. We see that you were having trouble getting your Quest to connect to your PC using your new 3.0 connection; while we recognize that this may be upsetting as we have been in your shoes before, please allow us to offer our assistance.

1. How long has this problem existed?
  2. Did your headset connect to the 2.0 or were you still experiencing the same issue?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

plsdontsayfrick
Honored Guest

1. Since i connected the 3.0 Cable (Today)

2. Yes, The headset has no problem using 2.0 Port

The 2 3.0 Ports on my Motherboard Have no issues that im aware of

Hey, pleasedontsayfrick. Thank you for getting in touch with us. As for the specifics, we see how this can take up your time. To start, try a hard reboot. If that doesn't work, please gather your logs and open a support ticket here so our specialized team can look into this further for you. Just a friendly reminder not to put them here as we don't want your personal information to be exposed.

To restart your headset: Link here

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!