cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Link app graphics card not compatible with rift error

officiallyrayanheart
Honored Guest

I don't know how to work my app but I clicked something and now it's not working. I tried fixing it, uninstalling it, reinstalling it. I'm downloading this while typing. So the problem is that whenever I open the app it just decides to tell me "Graphic card not compatible with rift" but I'm connected to a meta quest 2 so it's confusing. If anyone has gone through this problem before please tell me how to fix it! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there, @officiallyrayanheart! We completely understand that you're having difficulty connecting to the PC app, and we know how this may be affecting your VR experience. So, rest assured that you're in good hands, and we'll do our best to get this resolved.

We strongly advise you to follow the steps below to uninstall the app, which will also helps to remove any files that cannot be deleted by uninstalling the app normally. Please keep us updated on how things go so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here: https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there, @officiallyrayanheart! We completely understand that you're having difficulty connecting to the PC app, and we know how this may be affecting your VR experience. So, rest assured that you're in good hands, and we'll do our best to get this resolved.

We strongly advise you to follow the steps below to uninstall the app, which will also helps to remove any files that cannot be deleted by uninstalling the app normally. Please keep us updated on how things go so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here: https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @officiallyrayanheart! We're just checking in to see if you still need help with the Quest app on your PC. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to assist you!

gputest
Honored Guest

Hello
I have experienced the same issue. Not resolved yet

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @gputest! We just wanted to stop by and lend a hand with this PC app issue you are currently having. We know how this can be a major speed bump on your road to VR. We want to assure you that we will do everything we can to get this resolved for you. So that we can take a look into this, can you confirm if you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided previously in the thread? 

If so and the issue persists, go ahead and shoot us a PM. This can be done by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or by clicking here. You will then click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember that you must be signed in to the community first to send us a private message.

Hey there @gputest! We're checking back in in to see if those troubleshooting steps resolved your issue. If you are continuing to have the same issue, please send us a PM so we can work through this together!

nothing helps

nothing helps

Hi there, @dn4k! We certainly don't want this to continue pulling our users away from the virtual world, so we appreciate you bringing that to our attention! We highly suggest making sure your PC meets the current requirements to use Quest Link, as that could cause these sort of issues! To help us get a better grasp of what might be causing this for you, we'd like you to answer a few questions for us to narrow this down. When you get the chance, please go through the following:

• What specifically happens when you try to launch and use the Meta desktop application?
  • Has this issue always happened, or has it worked on this PC in the past?
  • Have you been able to complete the troubleshooting we sent earlier here?
  • Are you connecting your headset via Air Link or and official/supported Link cable?

We look forward to hearing from you, so take your time and get back to us when you can! 

Hey, hey @dn4k! We're checking in to make sure you were able to get your headset and PC connected, or if you've run into any further trouble with that at all. We'd like to make sure everything went smoothly for you along the way, so please don't hesitate to reach back out! We're happy to lend a hand!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?