cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Pro Air Link to PC not working

Anfronie
Protege

Hello!

Airlink with my Quest Pro has been working fine until about 2 months ago. The desktop app sees that my Pro is connected and active:

Anfronie_0-1672336028853.png

In the headset when I turn airlink on it sees my computer and connects just fine but when I go to launch the PC home environment it processes for a second or two (3 dots flashing) and then will crash back to the Quest mobile home. On the PC app when I do this I see the main green dot turn into a green circle and then says it's disconnected at the same time my headset crashes back to the mobile home. Then on my PC I see that it instantly connects solid green again. 

I have tried to launch the PC VR game manually on the PC app it gives me this error:

"You have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from entering VR. Please check that your headset is connected and Quest Link is enables through your headset."

Anfronie_1-1672336235564.png

It's connected and I I have airlink turned on within my headset but it always crashes back to home.

I have Windows 10 up to date. Nvidia drivers with my 3090 up to date. My headset is up to date. I tried reinstalling the PC app and repairing my Quest Pro. I do not have any extra experimental features  turned on. I have this on the same network as my PC. My PC is plugged in via LAN to my router and I am using wifi 6. When I select troubleshoot for airlink everything is green and states "meets requirements". It just will not launch the PC home environment at all. Oh and I've even tried the Beta Public Test Channel on the PC app but that doesn't work either. 

When I have it wired and connect to my PC it is just fine and will launch into the PC home environment and I can launch PCVR games. 

I feel that I have tried everything and nothing works. People online have stated their airlink is working fine so I am at a loss. It just stopped working about 2 months ago. I have spent many hours troubleshooting this to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Anfronie
Protege

Sooo I did some more tinkering and found out what the problem was. I had 90Hz selected within the graphics settings and when I switched it back to the recommended 72Hz Air Link works with my Quest Pro again:

Anfronie_0-1672338163617.png

I must have switched it to 90Hz and didn't realize that is what was causing the issue. It still sucks because my computer and network is more than able to handle that advanced setting I believe. Oh well. It's at least working on the 72Hz setting now.

To find this setting within the Oculus PC app you click on Devices->Click on the Pro headset-> click Graphics Preferences-> click on the 72Hz option-> Save & Restart. 

I'll keep this posted in case others google this specific issue. 

Flutterwolf
Honored Guest

Air Link doesn't work at all on the Quest Pro, y'all are trolling... Where is this refresh rate setting?

I have a 7900xtx Ryzen 9 with 64 Gigs of RAM.

I've had this for less than 3 months. I am this close to just returning it and getting my money back...

(don't ask for the debug log either, because that app crashes too!)

Hey there, @Flutterwolf. Thank you for bringing your PCVR concerns to our attention. While there is a known issue with Air Link, our team is working on getting everything back up and running. Even with these concerns, we'd like to continue working with you to take a further look into your current PCVR gaming experience. To help make needed adjustments to your refresh rate, please review our Meta Store Help Center

To take a closer look into your PC and how the Quest Pro are communicating, we would like to invite you to PM us. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Also, remember you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!