cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Pro - Mixed reality quality passtrought

S3D.Pierre.Prevost
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,
I received the Quest Pro yesterday, I am very disappointed with the quality of the passtrought. I wonder if there is a problem.
The image is extremely contrasted, the white colours extremely marked, it is impossible for me for example to see anything on a screen. I have a very strong grain.
I'm really disappointed, it doesn't match the test videos I saw.
I can't find a place where you can adjust the brightness or contrast of the passtrought.
Does anyone else have this problem or is it really the quality provided? If so I think I will send it back.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We value your feedback on your new Meta Quest Pro and the experience you're having with it. We want for you to be able to use passthrough without any problems! Let's work together to get this working right. 

For the passthrough feature to work best, please make sure you're in a well-lit area. If you're still having some visual issues with it, please send us a video of what you're seeing in passthrough.

We will be patiently awaiting your response so we can thoroughly investigate this for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

S3D.Pierre.Prevost
Honored Guest

Hello,
I am not the only one to have noticed the poor quality of the passthrough and the headset cannot be used properly for mixed reality in its current state.
Do you have an update planned that will actually improve this? If so, how soon? If it's quality is due to the hardware, I will ask for a refund and return the headset.
Thanks.

CDawes
Protege

I also have the same experience - the pro is partially marketed as a mixed-reality headset and we bought one to make MR applications. But I can't even see what's on the screen in front of me even in perfect lighting. 

The colour passthrough was a major reason we chose this, so without a software fix, we would likely return it for a different platform.