cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Pro, no Audio when using Link Cable

Pandages
Protege

SYMPTOM: when a cabled Link session is established, Quest Pro does not produce audio output.  I'm talking about even the Oculus overlay / Menu that comes up when Link sessions launch.  Clicking on buttons along the bar normally makes a sound, but in this error state, no sound is sent to the Quest Pro headset at all.

WORKAROUND:  Rebooting Quest Pro restores normal audio output over Link.  Once restored, audio works normally for an indeterminate amount of time.  Once Quest Pro is allowed to sleep for some time, the issue returns.

SOFTWARE VERSIONS: Quest Pro, running v57.  Oculus software v57.  Issue was occurring as far back as v54.

RELATED ISSUE:  Quest Pro will not establish microphone input when waking from sleep, if the headset is set down for a few minutes while a Link session is active.  When you re-enter VR, microphone does not pick up voice within the Linked application running on the PC.  This issue is fixed by putting the Quest Pro to sleep by tapping the power button, waiting a moment, and waking it again with the power button.  This fixes the microphone issue nearly 100% of the time.  But the process must be repeated every single time the Quest Pro goes idle while on a link session.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! The team has reached back out to me, however they want to be able to look into your logs themselves. 

If not already, I suggest reaching out to support through a ticket, this way they'll be able to gather the right information they need to find to properly assist with this! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Leninardo
Honored Guest

I’m having the same exact issue. Thanks for posting.

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! Thanks for flagging this issue down. I'll get with our team so they can take a look into it but just so I have the proper information, can you (and anyone else with this issue) please answer the following:

1. Which device are you using?
  2. What's the full version number of your headset? (57.0.0.####### or likewise)
    • Quick Settings > System > Software Update
  3. What's the full version number of your PC app? (57.0.0.####### or likewise)
    • General > Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
  4. Do you have PTC enabled?
  5. How's Air Link?

Thanks again!

1. Quest Pro

2. v57

3. v57

5. PTC disabled

6. cannot test Airlink with my current hardware.

1. Quest Pro

2. Quest Pro v57.0.0.297.669.526537896

3. Oculus App Version 59.0.0.112.366 (59.0.0.112.366)

4. Yes, PTC on Quest Pro and PTC on Oculus App

5. I don't know a good way to switch between using a link cable and airlink and back, without continually reconfiguring the Quest Pro, which I find irritating.  So I normally use my Quest Pro on Link cable, and my Quest 3 on Airlink (or Virtual Desktop).

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! The team has reached back out to me, however they want to be able to look into your logs themselves. 

If not already, I suggest reaching out to support through a ticket, this way they'll be able to gather the right information they need to find to properly assist with this! 

@TheAntiSocializer Absolutely.  It's unfortunate that there isn't a better integrated way to create a ticket and track this information as a group rather than discretely.

I'll open a ticket and try to provide the information requested.

Cyn_
Explorer

same problem with the quest 3 on the latest software

PrfsJay
Protege

I also am having this problem with quest 3. I connect to my pc with a cable and start oculus on PC and initially it seems fine. if I disconnect and reconnect to oculus pc through link, it has no sound. all of the settings for sound are fine. 

Pandages
Protege

Yes I wanted to note, I've had this same issue with my Quest 3, with the same symptoms and same workaround.  AND, I've even tried other Link cables, including a first-party one.  It's a software bug in the Link function connecting the Quest to the Oculus software over a cable.

I have not experienced this happening over Airlink.  It appears to be a bug that only occurs over cable.