cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Rift keeps randomly disconnecting from my PC

MagicPanda2020
Honored Guest

My Quest disconnects from my laptop almost randomly. I know my laptop is able to run VR because I've done it in the past flawlessly. I am fairly certain that it is not my link cable because I've used multiple and even the charging one. I'm also certain its not the USB ports either because I even bought a 3.0 power hub. The only guess I can have right now is that some third party application is disconnecting it from my laptop. Would any other applications do this? Or is there another fix?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MagicPanda2020! We know how it feels having your device disconnect, it can definitely impact your gameplay experience! Let's get this sorted out, and get you back in the game. We'd like you to try out a few troubleshooting options:

1. Manually assign the GPU. You can use Windows to manually assign which GPU is used by a specific process. To do so:

• Close the Oculus Desktop software
  • Open Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings
  • Select Classic App from the drop down and click Browse
  • Select the OculusClient.exe (By default, this will be installed C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe)
  • Click Options > High Performance > Save
  • Ensure the "High Performance" option has your dedicated graphics at the top of this menu.

2. Set Oculus Process Priority. You can manually set the process priority to see if this will automatically assign the process to high performance.

• Open Task Manager
  • Go to the Details tab
  • Find OVRServer_x64.exe
  • Right click on it and select Set Priority
  • Set this priority to High
  • Repeat steps 4 - 6 for VirtualDesktop.streamer.exe

If that doesn't help solve your connection issue, let us know! We're happy to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MagicPanda2020, let us know if the steps we provided helped you at all with this issue. If not, we're more than happy to keep working with you on getting your headset connected!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!