cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Will Not Boot to Home After Factory Reset

PunkyBeltster
Explorer
Hi. So I started my Quest up a few hours ago and it just kept showing the logo, making the start up noise, then doing it... over and over. Held the power button down for 30 seconds and still the same issue. I was able to get it into the black screen menu to power it down. Nothing worked, so I went with the factory reset. Since then, the logo will pop up with the noise, but then it just shows a chip with an arrow and a green progress bar below it. Once that's done, nothing. Same thing every time. Tried several factory resets, but nothing seems to work. Anyone experience this?
19 REPLIES 19

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Hi,

I haven't experienced this, but are you performing the initial setup procedure?

I recommemd submitting a support ticket.

PlainCheeseburg
Explorer
Did you ever find a resolution to this?

clockworknitro
Honored Guest
Is there a fix to this? I’ve tried everything to get Oculus Quest to work again. Can’t even start it up, it just tries to do this corrupt update over and over. Help!

pccochran
Honored Guest
I'm also experiencing this problem.  I can't even try to manually update the firmware because the headset is now in a weird purgatory where the phone app won't even find the headset anymore.  I can't factory reset completely because it can't complete the pairing process.  This is a disaster.

clockworknitro
Honored Guest
Bueller...?

PunkyBeltster
Explorer
No resolution at this point. I have a ticket in, but nothing. My phone did end up connecting to it, but the factory reset that way did nothing as well. 

PunkyBeltster
Explorer
Oh and... no. Not the initial set up. Worked fine for a few weeks.

MTDubya
Honored Guest
I ran into this problem as well.  Every time the quest turns on it has the square and arrow screen then goes black.  App will pair to quest somehow but setup stalls when looking for remotes and blacks again. 

Drumbri
Honored Guest
same problem here with my quest. Bootup loop continually. Sent support ticket 4 days ago and have not heard one word from support team.  Help please anybody?