cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest app forgets Quest 3

sebastian.14395
Honored Guest

Hi, I have a pixel 6 and Quest 3. I was able to pair the Quest 3 with the Quest app on my phone when I made the first configuration. But after about 24 h the app completely forgets my Quest 3 and when I try to pair them again the app finds my Quest 3 but the pairing code won't appear in the Quest 3. I also made a factory reset for my Quest 3 and paired it again with the app, but after 24 h the same problem reappeared.

5 REPLIES 5

KevORulz
Honored Guest

I am experiencing the exact same issue with the connection between Quest 3 and the Meta Quest app. In my case, the app forgets the newly-connected Q3 in a matter of closing the app. I reenter and it seems to have forgotten about the device, even though some moments before it was showing the connection, charge level of battery, serial number and everything as it should.

Did you find any solution to this issue?

I just did a factory reset to try again. And everything worked flawless until I enabled Sidequest's and Quest Game Optimizer option to "ADB WIFI". Did you do that as well? I payed attention to the mobile app and saw that after allowing the network debugging on my Quest, the app stopped remembering the Q3.

Hi, no I don't use Sidequest or there like. I also didn't find any solution so far. Funny enough even though when I buy stuff with the app it tells me that no Quest 2 is configured, but after a short while the apps still pop up on my Quest 3.

Hi @sebastian.14395! We don't like to hear you are having issue connecting to the mobile app. We know how connectivity issues are not ideal and how important it is for our customers to have a smooth, seamless experience with VR. Thank you for attempting those steps! While we're sad to see the troubleshooting wasn't able to resolve your issue, we want to assure you that our team is still happy to look into this further.

Please send us a PM so we can assist you further. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @sebastian.14395! We were just dropping by and seeing how things were going with you. We hope you were able to reach out to us via PM. If you are already receiving assistance with your issue, that's awesome. If you still need assistance, please feel free to PM us; we will be more than happy to assist you. We hope your having a wonderful day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?