cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest casting to web browser merged headset and mic audio

CUTIE_CAKE
Explorer

I tried to record a video, but I noticed they merged the options for in headset audio and mic audio. Why???? Quest casting is painfully delayed and I use a blue-tooth mic to record and after editing I just sync the audio, but why, out of nowhere did meta just deprecate and make their casting worse?

I need help, can someone find a way if I can use old casting, maybe through way-back machine or help me find a better way to record videos because this is just, so terrible.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @CUTIE_CAKE! We noticed you're running into some obstacles when casting and are wondering how to separate the headset and microphone audio! Currently, there is no way to separate the audio on the headset or microphone when recording. We know this isn't the news you're expecting, but we'd like to ask that you submit that thought to our Idea Forums. Our engineers check those frequently, and there have actually been cases where the engineering team plucked certain high-traction ideas and implemented them into the software! We hope to continue having you as a part of our community, and we look forward to sharing the exciting future of VR with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

"Currently, there is no way to separate the audio on the headset or microphone when recording."

Hey! No disrespect, but there was. Old quest casting had an option to enable or disable your microphone when casting, and for some reason that was removed.. I know you as a mod cant change this yourself, but I really have no understanding for why casting was purposefully downgraded, i hope this can be fixed. (old screenshot)

CUTIE_CAKE_0-1718600408253.png

Hey @CUTIE_CAKE. It looks like you may be having some issues with casting or going live on your device. We know that can slow things down for your game play and video editing experince so we'd love to offer you a few recommendations on how to impove your display quality. They are as follows: 

• Lower the graphics settings in the app, if possible.
  • Try to limit any interference between your Casting device, your router and the Quest Headset.
  • If your router supports it, try connecting to the internet via 5Ghz connection, rather than 2.4Ghz.

Also, please answer the following questions. 

• Have you recently done an update on your headset? 
  • Has this been an issue, or has it just occured? 
  • Where are you trying to cast your headset activity to? (YouTube, Chromecast, another live platform?) 
  • Are you using Quest Link/Air link or just your headset.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello @CUTIE_CAKE. We're just checking back in with you to see if there's any updates on the issue you're experiencing and if you still needed assistance. We're still standing by to assist you with any further questions as well. Hope to hear from you soon.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?