cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest controller randomly not tracking

kristibearr
Honored Guest

Has anyone run into the issue with the original Quest headset where one controller will be working perfectly fine, then suddenly either stop tracking and freeze up, or teleport far away but still be moving correctly? It's making it impossible to play beat saber. It seems to be triggered by moving the controller too fast for too long. It also seems to be getting worse. I used to just be able to pause my game, and wiggle around the controller until it came back to where it was supposed to be, and it would be ok for a while. Now I can't get through one song without it doing it.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kristibearr! We hate to see that you are having problems with your controller not being able to track while playing. We know how having to deal with this affects the overall VR gameplay experience, and we're happy to look into this with you!

• Could you please let us know what troubleshooting you have tried already?
  • Does this happen with only one controller, or does this happen with both controllers from time to time?
  • Have you checked that your internet connection is stable and does not have multiple devices on it at the same time?

Please provide as much information as you can about what you're experiencing. Once we have more information, we will be able to better assist you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ding dong! We just wanted to pop on by to see if you still need a hand. If so, please feel free to reach back out, and we will gladly lend a hand.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!