cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link disconnects mid race in iracing

Weazelsdrunk
Explorer

Same errors as the following post

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Quest-3-pc-disconnect-during-gameplay-in-iracing/td-p...

what can be done to get this working so this Vr headset isn’t a paperweight

12 REPLIES 12

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Get a decent wifi6 AX router.  This fixed all my Q3 disconnect issues.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Weazelsdrunk! We understand that you're reporting frequent disconnects on your Quest 3. We want to make sure that you have the smoothest and most fun experience possible in VR, so let's work together to get to the bottom of this!

We have some questions for you:

• Do the disconnects happen in standalone as well, or only with Air Link or Quest Link?
  • Do they occur only in a specific game or app, or in all of them?
  • Have you made sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements
    • Please provide your computer specs.
  • Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? We want to avoid having you repeat things that you've already done.

We look forward to hearing back from you with this information so we can take a closer look!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again, @Weazelsdrunk! We want to make sure that you are fully taken care of, and we noticed that we haven't heard back from you yet. If you still need help, please reach back out with the information we requested. We're more than happy to look into it with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Weazelsdrunk
Explorer

I don't use the headset for anything except iRacing through Quest Link.  After about 30 minutes of use it will do either of the following.

1. disconnect from the PC and freeze the simulation window, at which point I have to close sim window and reenter from the main UI and choose to start Quest Link again.

2. the image on the headset will start to have artifacts and will become almost "blurry".  This seems much more worrisome to me than the disconnections.  The headset does seem to throw off a bit of heat

I have updated to the newest chipset, video, audio drivers.
Windows is 22H2 and up to date.
There are no errors in the Windows Event Viewer
System definitely meets all minimum requirements
image on the monitor does not have an issue, even when the headset does.

Hello @Weazelsdrunk! Thank you so much for reaching out about this, we are sad to hear that you are experiencing this and would like to get down to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. When you say the headset throws off a bit if heat, is it too hot to touch?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

no, it just exhausts hot air. I am not sure how much is too much.     To elaborate about the image showing artifacts, if I run the debugger while it does that it shows that it is dropping most frames during that time as well.

Hey @Weazelsdrunk! We would like to invite you to PM us so that we can gather information from you regarding your account that we do not want the public eye to see. To do so, Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We value your response and hope to hear from you soon!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you  for providing that information Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the PC app? If not, please try to and let us know how it goes!

Weazelsdrunk
Explorer

Okay, are we following this thread or the private message thread?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?