cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link doesn't work with my Laptop

HyperCheeta
Honored Guest

I have been trying for WEEKS to figure this out and for some reason, no matter how many things I try, it won't work! Everything on my laptop is fully updated, including the drivers. I link my headset with a cord to my RTX 3060 and AMD Series 5000 (which says on the requirements is compatible), then I go to my Oculus Quest 2 and turn on quest link, but the screen is black and it shows that it's loading, and this never loads! The cord that I am using works (I have tested it), and for some reason I KEEP getting hardware notifications. I have also made sure that my Oculus Quest 2 and my computer work with it and it tells me that I need an Ethernet cord when I have tried it and it failed. I know that this is known with laptops but it should be ok with mine. Please, fix this ASAP. Thank You 😊

3 REPLIES 3

HyperCheeta
Honored Guest

Also sorry if I was rude, I have just been trying forever and I am not very patient.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @HyperCheeta! No need to apologize, we totally understand how this feels! It sounds like you've been having a tough time getting your laptop to connect with your Quest 2, and this is not the type of experience we want you to have. Let's see what we can do to get this resolved! First, we have a couple questions that may help us better determine how to move forward:

• What type of cable are you using to connect the Quest 2 to your laptop?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

We'd also recommend you ensure your Link connection is properly established by following these steps:

1. Open the PC app on your laptop.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Link.

We look forward to your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again! We wanted to follow up with you and make sure the troubleshooting helped. If not, let us know! We'd love to help get this resolved and get you back in the game.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!