cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link not working

1-21-giggawatts
Honored Guest

I have recently purchased a quest 2 and am looking to utilize my PC to play some of the steamVR games i have. The issue is that quest link is not working.

I have several spare USB3 ports - I have tried 2 separate cables and have performed the USB test from within the Occulus app which are successful come back with bandwidth 2.2Gbps and Connection USB 3

I am running windows 10 Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 - my occulus app Version 54.0.0.110.284 (54.0.0.110.284)

My Processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I have a RTX 4080 graphics card running the latest nvidia game ready drivers v536.40 and 16 GB or RAM running on an Asus Z170-AR motherboard with the latest drivers.

When I start quest link i select disable to file sharing and the link window appears for a second or 2 but then everything freezes.

I hope you can help as this headset looks great but I have really purchased it so I can utilize my steam VR game library.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for contacting us with your PCVR issues. We looked into the information you provided and saw that you are using an RTX 4080, which is sufficient for a lot of gaming. However, we would like to direct you to this section of our website. Please keep in mind that the 4080 is not among the GPUs we support. Some people have discovered workarounds, however we cannot recommend that you change anything to your computer to make the Quest run properly. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @1-21-giggawatts, We are hoping that this bit of information helped you find a resolution for your issues with PCVR. If you need any additional information, please let us know. We would love to guide you in the right direction.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?