cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link problem

Tibo1908
Explorer

Hello there,

I've bought quest 3 couple of weeks ago; and now I am totally frustrated, because the main reason for buying this device was playing games via steam. However, every time I tried to link my device to pc, three dot problem occurred. I've tried everything possible; I've watched every possible YouTube video, search resolution in forums, etc. I simply cannot link to my PC via airlink or cable. As I've realized, this is very common problem, and I ask for urgent help. 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tibo1908! We certainly don't want this to continue pulling you away from the world of PCVR gaming, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention! To start, we highly suggest making sure your headset and PC meet the current requirements to use Quest Link, just to make sure we're able to narrow down the cause of this. We do want to let you know that an official or supported Link cable is required to ensure a good Meta Quest Link connection, so be sure to check out that article for more information on that! Please keep in mind that your headset charging cable is not a Link cable and may not function properly when used as such. Aside from that, we'd like you to check to make sure the steps and best practices in this article are being followed when setting up Air Link, just in case anything was missed. Let us know if your PC meets all the correct requirements, and we'll be happy to continue working with you on this! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you very much for your quick response sir/madam. 

I tried establish air link with my PC when it was connected to internet both via cable and wireless. Many people experienced, as I've realized, poor connection - at least here, in Turkey - when tried to connect quest to PC via airlink; so almost everyone advise establish connection via cable, that is why I've bought cable. When I checked, my link cable is compatible with requirements. There is no connection problem according to meta-application in my PC - it says connected and active -. Nevertheless, every time when I press the button "launch" quest link, the famous three dot problem occurs. I think my PC's technical features are little bit low as you can is in the picture below. Nevertheless, I know from my own experience (with my friends) that many people can run steam games and use quest link when their PC doesn't match requirements. I am looking for your advice - or if this is having to do with, as many suggest, last updates, solution.

Thank you for your interest.

Best 

Tibo1908_0-1713519731671.png

Hey there! Thank you so much for providing us with your PC information. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Heya! Just checking in to see if you still need further assistance, do let us know! 

Hello, unfortunately, my problem remains unsolved. The Customer Service indeed tried to help me, they offered me plenty of solutions, I've tried everything, but nothing works. I am struugling to open quest link, and if I open it, I can not see my desktop properly, I only see a black desktop screen. My PC detects, perceives movement of controllers; however, screen view I can not se in quest link. The other problem is, when I try launch steam vr, games are crashing. I actually have bought oculus just for playing steam vr games. As is know, original games of oculus are not sufficient for a seasoned gamer 🙂 So, I am very sorry to say this but I really regret that I bought oculus quest 3. I am from Turkey, and within current economic conditions of my country, it costs a lot. But oculus with its poor connection and bugs - in terms of steam vr - only causes stress for me. I am not an expert but a lot of people mention that especially the last updates incurred these bugs and connection problems with PC's. Maybe it is time for the company take care of this common problem. I do not know what else to say, I am not even asking a help any more. Because, I perfectly know that every solution that you would offer me "from the book" changes nothing. I have a 5 gb internet connection, I have an ethernet cable, I have an proper, high quality link cable, my oculus application in PC shows that my device is connected and properly functioning, bu I continue to encounter with struggles while connecting to quest link, often disconnected, or I countinue to get from steam vr the error code of 200. 

I wish I could turn back in time, and revise my decision to buy quest 3 😞

Best wishes

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?