Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link work one time after reinstallation only, after don't work

MSH88
Honored Guest

Hello

Have a strange bug here.

Got a brand new Quest 2.

After installation of the PC app can connect the Oculus link, bot air, and USB. After exiting, I cannot lunch it anymore. Headset message "connection lost". The desktop app appears working, but cannot change any settings, and can't exit the app via X. Need to remove the task to kill the app. The app can see the headset and says connected.

Uninstall the app, and delete all files/folders with the oculus name. Reinstalling the app helps, but only for 1 time.

My specs:

Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Geforce 2080Ti
7 REPLIES 7

MSH88
Honored Guest

@MetaQuestSupportany advice for this problem?

Hey @MSH88! We hate to hear you're having issues with getting your PC set up for gaming, let's get this sorted out for you! Here are some steps we can try out:

If these steps don't fix your issue, you'll want to collect your PC logs and reach out to our support team here so we can look into this further. Here's how you can get the logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
  3. The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  4. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  5. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  6. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  7. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  8. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Hope that helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, again link in the previous message to the support team is not working for me.

I have submitted my support request and log file here:

https://store.facebook.com/help/support/quest/topic/software/

Hello. After a recent update problem is back and the old solution doesn't work, Meaning cannot connect to PC at all. Any idea how to solve?

Hey there, @MSH88. Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that your Quest link issue is back and the solution does not work any longer. So we can get you back to gaming sooner rather than later, can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here:  Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Logs submited

Thank you!