cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest refuses to update

GrantAndrew
Honored Guest

Hey guys. first vr user. when i go through the setup, the headset says it is updating, but it never does. never really progresses either. 

Using Iphone X latest iOS, have tried multiple different 5Ghz wifi networks along with cellular network. with phone/headset on the same one each time of course. have done multiple factory resets of both headset and phone., FC'd the App and reopen, uninstall app and reinstall, and any combination. Update always starts at 50%, and never moves above that. one time it moved above it up to 63% over the course of about 45 minutes, and then restarted at 50 without any notification or explanation. did this once more from 50 to 56% and then "lost connection" to headset and started over at 50%. i have also left it sitting approx 1 hr without any changes and is still at 50%. Internet is running well at 14ms ping and 250~ mbps download, 30~ mbps upload. 

any help is appreciated, im extremely frustrated that i have an unusable device with no hope on the horizon at the moment. thanks

1 REPLY 1

Systems_Archite
Protege
I'd message Oculus Support by submitting a ticket through email or chat here: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I would mention the troubleshooting steps you've attempted so far to make it easier for both you and the team.

Hope the info helps.  o:)
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?