cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest3 connected to pc

Kirso
Explorer

I have just moved from rift to quest 3. Installed ok and working. But have a question about using quest 3 when directly connected to pc. The home is different if I  use q3 as standalone or connected to pc.

When connected to pc I can see only apps that I used on rift. On standalone I see the new apps and new home room.

I reinstalled oculus app on pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Kirso 

when you link your Quest 3 to pc, it is no longer a standalone device.
It's more like a Rift then.....you have the Rift void - I refuse calling this a home - and the pc library.
And as long as you are linked to pc you are only able to play pcvvr games, but not games made for Quest.

After unlinking you have your Quest home and your Quest library.
At this point you are only able to play games made for Quest, but no pcvr game.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Kirso 

when you link your Quest 3 to pc, it is no longer a standalone device.
It's more like a Rift then.....you have the Rift void - I refuse calling this a home - and the pc library.
And as long as you are linked to pc you are only able to play pcvvr games, but not games made for Quest.

After unlinking you have your Quest home and your Quest library.
At this point you are only able to play games made for Quest, but no pcvr game.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Kirso! Just checking in to see if you found the wonderful feedback @Choleni provided helpful? Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for reply

Of course @Kirso! If you need any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach back out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!