cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on "Wander" app

ChiefRose
Honored Guest

I recently purchased the Wander app for Quest2 and like what I've seen so far. When I go down to street level viewing I am actually hovering about 10-12 feet off the ground. I would prefer to not be up in the air. Is this possible? If yes, how do I change the view? Thanks for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PITTCANNA
Visionary

its because in reality the google cams are situated above a car when it maps location.  Its putting you on the base of the car.  Sadly you can not change this its a by product of google earth.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

rose.perlinpinpin
Honored Guest

Hello, I'm french and I hope my english won't be too bad ... I have the same problem and plus, the places and the persons look very big, it's like if I was an ant in the world ... It is very weird and I can't enjoy the app, have found a way to fix your problem ?
Than you !

Greetings! We see you're having display issues with Wander. We're sure this experience is hard to endure, whether from up above or down below. We'll try to get this straightened out quickly.

To gain a better understanding of the problem, we have a few questions.

Does this only happen in this one app?

Are you using the Cable Link via PC or Airlink?

Did you try to uninstall then reinstall the app?

Let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

its because in reality the google cams are situated above a car when it maps location.  Its putting you on the base of the car.  Sadly you can not change this its a by product of google earth.

Hey. Just checking in to see if you'd still like assistance. We're here and waiting for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is .y problem as well.  I get very nauseated S I am higher than 10 feet ... usually 20 or more.  It also happens in the National Geographic app and yesterday I was trying to explore the castle tour and had to quit.   I biut the Occulus App basically to travel since I'm handicapped.  How do I fix this??

I took a look to see if I could find any information on how to adjust height for you, unfortunately I wasn't able to find details on this. It looks like what @PITTCANNA had mentioned earlier in the thread is accurate, the Google camera sets you in the same height as the original photo due to it being above a moving vehicle.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Black Desert Online.

Thanks but that's not correct.  A car can not go to the top of the Eiffel tower or a pyramid

I will contact support...again.

Of course, my message wasn't in terms of building structures, I was referencing the street view of the Google cars that create the mapping. 😂

Most of the images used there, from the information I'm finding, are all from Google images. I wasn't able to find details on adjusting your view for the app specifically. Since this is an in-app issue, our support team wouldn't be able to assist but I did find a contact for the application's developer here.

Best of luck!

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Black Desert Online.

MRJ143
Honored Guest

I am facing similar problem in wander in quest 3. The persons and places are too big. People are around 100 feets tall. I figured out the wander app showing me street view in only 360 view but not in VR mode. Thats why every thing is showing too big (both images are same in both eyes, no slightly shifted image in any one eye, that is necessary to create 3d mode). How can I fix it? Some videos in quest tv apps are mentioned as 3d 360 but those videos also play only in 360 not in 3d and some plays in 360+vr mode. How can i fix it in wander? I am only using quest 3 standalone.