cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Related to Teen Accounts

Tom5nicole
Honored Guest

Hi there,

i just wanted to ask some questions about Teen Accounts on Meta.

1st question/issue: I just linked my account as a parental account for my 15 year old son who has already had an account that has been activated for +-3 years. Why did i do that you may ask? Because i got him some gift cards for him to buy a game on his Q2 which is rated 18+ (a shooter) and it says that the game is rated No Youth. Can i allow him to buy it and if i can how do i do that? I even saw that he could request me to buy it when he presses on the price value to buy the game but there isn't anything there in his headset and on the app.

Question 2: (Related to Question 1) Can i theoretically gift him the game and it will still show up on his Q2?

Question/issue 3: I turned off for him that he needs to ask me for permission to play games but everytime i close out of that tab and tap back into it, it still shows that i have the option selected? Or should i just wait until the weekend and try again because maybe it still hasn't updated to the servers?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there @Tom5nicole! We appreciate you bringing these questions to us, and we would love to add some clarity. Your son will not be able to play or have access to any games that are outside of his age range. You will also not be able to gift him any game or app that is outside his age range. For additional information on this, you can check out this article. We hope this information adds clarity for future purchase attempts. If you have any other questions, we are always here to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?