cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

RESOLVED!! Rift CV1; was working now BLACK video/good audio, green icon

Riftafarian
Honored Guest
Hello.
I've searched this forum and internet, found nothing that fits. No christmas lights are on!! πŸ˜‰

Running Win10 Pro (1909) x64. My rig was working fine - playing that very day. Had pending windows updates and rebooted. Afterward, all RIFT video is black (HDMI port proven still works). Restarted Oculus, reinstalled Oculus, updated video (NVIDIA GTX1060) drivers, no change. Returned WIN10 to prior restoration point - launched Oculus and immediately got "update Oculus drivers" and "update video drivers" (?? restore point should = Oculus good-to-go ??) and I updated both. Still no Oculus video. I got to the config portion to "continue menu inside headset" but couldn't go further.  
  Perhaps related ... as a test I ran "First Contact" and the game showed black screen on my monitor too (micro HDMI). I also tried a Steam game and that game DID show on the monitor and the headset was tracking, but still no video in headset. Also, inside headset, the LED is amber until a game is launched then it turns white. I did wear the headset to activate it. Also did physical checks (reseating cables both ends [USB >5 sec before HDMI]). It's like the HDMI works with monitor but no longer w/ headset but all the headset USB (tracking and audio) work fine. Other places to config/check? Any "Device" in devmgmt specifically for Oculus video?

Currently on Oculus App Version 17.0.0.183.462 (17.0.0.183.462). No idea what it was prior to the updates.

I've spend 6-10  >14 hours troubleshooting this instead of gaming! Please help me get back.

Cheers.


15 REPLIES 15

Riftafarian
Honored Guest
.edit.

Greyman
Superstar
Same here.

My Rift CV1 was working fine last night and when i put it on just now, there is just sound, with no video output whatsoever.  I have re-seated the cable and reinstalled the Oculus software and still nothing.

Call me optimistic if you like, but I am fairly confident that this is a software issue and that my HMD hasn't finally packed up.

Greyman
Superstar
By way of an update, my Rift appears to have come back to life, apparently due to me doing a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers, the initial install of which appears to have been somewhat dodgy.

TK.Prince
Protege

Greyman said:

By way of an update, my Rift appears to have come back to life, apparently due to me doing a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers, the initial install of which appears to have been somewhat dodgy.


Clean re-install mean fully uninstall Nvidia then install it ? Will try it too, hope that will fix mine πŸ˜•

Anonymous
Not applicable

TK.Prince said:


Greyman said:

By way of an update, my Rift appears to have come back to life, apparently due to me doing a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers, the initial install of which appears to have been somewhat dodgy.


Clean re-install mean fully uninstall Nvidia then install it ? Will try it too, hope that will fix mine πŸ˜•



The nvidia install allows you to tick a box for a "clean install"  if required.

Riftafarian
Honored Guest

Greyman said:

Same here.

My Rift CV1 was working fine last night and when i put it on just now, there is just sound, with no video output whatsoever.  I have re-seated the cable and reinstalled the Oculus software and still nothing.

Call me optimistic if you like, but I am fairly confident that this is a software issue and that my HMD hasn't finally packed up.



With NVIDIA versions 442.xxx and 445.xxx, using the "Clean Re-install" I
get from completely BLACK screen (no power) to the dark gray (power keeping the LCD black, faintly lit vs. Black/no power) when the app is
running. I know NVIDIA
drivers vary by hardware but which version did you switch to? Thinking the number (i.e. 445.xxx, etc.) might be a clue...

Greyman
Superstar
It was the very latest version of the driver for my GTX1080, 446.14, and it was a real pain to get rid of the apparently corrupted version, as the installer kept restarting my PC and not completing.  I ended up uninstalling all NVIDIA components via Add/Remove Programs, doing a restart and then using Nvidia Experience to reinstall 446.14. 

Not pretty, but it at least got the job done. 

Riftafarian
Honored Guest

TK.Prince said:


Greyman said:

By way of an update, my Rift appears to have come back to life, apparently due to me doing a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers, the initial install of which appears to have been somewhat dodgy.


Clean re-install mean fully uninstall Nvidia then install it ? Will try it too, hope that will fix mine πŸ˜•




Any update on yours?

Riftafarian
Honored Guest

Greyman said:

It was the very latest version of the driver for my GTX1080, 446.14, and it was a real pain to get rid of the apparently corrupted version, as the installer kept restarting my PC and not completing.  I ended up uninstalling all NVIDIA components via Add/Remove Programs, doing a restart and then using Nvidia Experience to reinstall 446.14. 

Not pretty, but it at least got the job done. 



Luckily, not having the corrupted installer issue. UNluckily, not having your success  😞
Would you share which version is your Oculus App?
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?