cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA NIghtmare support has been no help!

AshleighEvans91
Explorer

So I contacted oculus and told them my headset was defective as it had quit working they approved a replacement told me to send it back I printed the shipping label packaged the headset and controllers sent them back they received it back two weeks ago as I tracked it all the way till it was delivered back to them I received an email a week and a half ago stating they got it back and my replacement was processed and approved but not tracking number, so I contacted support for the tracking everyone kept saying we need to investigate give us 3 to 5 days nobody was answering me at all just generic messages for a week now I can see under orders my replacement but it’s on processing hasn’t shipped nothing we are now over two weeks in on a process that was supposed to take 8 to 12 days I have no replacement no tracking number and support doesn’t seem to care just giving me the runaround it’s frustrating you spent hundreds of dollars on something and the company does not care they can’t offer actual support just generic answers and your wondering at this point am I not getting my stuff back?

6 REPLIES 6

Big_G_83
Honored Guest

I'm in the same boat. Returned my original headset due to dead pixel 2/9. They turned around a replacement quickly within timescales, but sent out a refurbished headset with a dead pixel of its own. I then returned that one and have been stuck in a loop since early/mid September, being constantly given timescales that they miss. Currently 'waiting on an update from warehouse'. Nobody will pick up the phone, or walk into the warehouse, to get an update. They can only message and wait for a reply (*usually* 3-5 days after sending a message). Support no longer reply to emails, and I get canned responses via chat. They have my money, they have my property. I've requested they refund or return the kit, but keep getting the 'please be patient' line. I enquired about escalating to managers, but their managers don't deal with this type of work?! There's a specific team to deal with RMAs, and their managers don't deal with specific cases. Disgusting support route - why offer this service when it falls flat on its face. Communication is non existent, apart from copied/pasted algorithmic based text. 

From other threads on here, Reddit etc, I'm anticipating a 6-9 month wait now!! 

Advice to other users about to RMA their kit - don't! Return for refund via the retailer. Wish I hadn't started down this path.

I’m going on month two they have had my defective device headset and controllers in their possession, I haven’t received a replacement at all! I’ve asked for answers keep getting scripted ones sometimes even no reply at all! I’ve asked for a supervisor someone in charge multiple times they tell me there is nobody they said there is a problem in the warehouse holding up orders from being sent out and it’s only affected a select few which makes no sense they told me they escalated this case over a month ago and still no replacement no answer as to why I don’t have it! They are hardly communicating at this point rarely reply nobody seems to know what is going on at all! My kids are so upset they quote an 8-12 day turnaround and two months later they have yet to send us our replacement it’s insane! I demanded for them to return our property because at this point I feel stolen from they refuse just keep saying be patient smh my patience has totally run out at this point in so pissed that this is how a multi million dollar company treats its customers 

Big_G_83
Honored Guest

I don't know where to turn tbh.

I've dropped a case on here which may help, if they run it alongside the launch of the Pro headset...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u23123288?ptrt=https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74

M0rtifer
Explorer

I've seen a couple posts like this and they are my main concern for RMAing my headset.  I am one of the people who have had their ability to charge their headset past 55% blocked by software.  Meta is silent on the matter and only urges you to RMA the headset.  Luckily the issue was solved by a third party battery strap with hot swappable batteries. (Bobovr M2 Pro)  However I see this option as an extremely anti-consumer option as it requires an extra 50 dollars at least to regain the normal functionality of the headset.  Buying any product directly from Meta is a gamble imo.  Their failure to address issues and complete timely RMA's only compounds this fact.

Big_G_83
Honored Guest

Would you be able to fill in this form? See if we can't get some publicity on all the various issues, all circling around the ridiculous RMA process?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u23123288?ptrt=https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74

AshleighEvans91
Explorer

So after two months and being ghosted continuously by support and told many lies that make no sense one being they have no supervisors smh the other being my replacement has had an internal issue in the warehouse this whole time that has only affected my replacement from being shipped again smh I get an email today stating this issue was finally resolved Friday and I should have my replacement soon however no tracking number can be provided due to the fact it has yet to ship🤦🏻‍:female_sign: Then I question them to ask if my replacement is including everything I returned where I was then told yes it would and I would recieve a store credit! So I’m going to give it a day or two see if I get en email saying it has shipped including a tracking number before I lose my cool again as this will be the last lie I’m going to tolerate from this multi million dollar company that doesn’t seem to care about their customers who are spending hundreds even thousands with them and can’t even offer support that isn’t scripted answers providing no real resolution!