cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX2050 Graphics card is not compatible

coolpine
Honored Guest

Hello guys, my newly purchased notebook is i5-12500h, and the graphics card is NVIDIA RTX 2050. After installing the Oculus client, it prompts that the graphics card is incompatible after startup. I checked that the RTX 20 series are all within the supported range, and I don't know why and  how can i  deal with it, thank you.

coolpine_0-1652441218408.png

4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary

@coolpine wrote:

Hello guys, my newly purchased notebook is i5-12500h, and the graphics card is NVIDIA RTX 2050. After installing the Oculus client, it prompts that the graphics card is incompatible after startup. I checked that the RTX 20 series are all within the supported range, and I don't know why and  how can i  deal with it, thank you.

coolpine_0-1652441218408.png

This is nvidia's fault, the 2050 came out well into the 3000 series launch as a way to combat gpu shortages.  This card will not be supported because it doesn't have rendering power especially for the laptop variant which you have.

It will not be supported there is no dark magic that will be able to get that card to run link.  Any nvidia card 950, 1050, 2050, 3050 are good for for generic gaming at 1080p possibly 1440p(60 to 90 hz).  But once you start resolutions for vr it falls about.

My advice to you is take that notebook back and get something with a 2070 or 3070.

If you decide not to that, you will need to get virtual desktop and only play steam vr games, but this is not always guaranteed to work and it won't be a great experience.

coolpine
Honored Guest

got it,thank you

Ender3DPrinterGuy
Honored Guest

I literally am having the same exact problem.  I contacted the tech support on the phone and they have no clue why it’s not working.  Waiting for them to call me back. 

I have twin girls who turn 13. They both have quest 2 headsets. They wanted to play pcvr (other VR games) but my PC is cheap and my system isn't capable of rendering low quality VR and it is mostly bound by its GPU,. (I ran a SteamVR performance test to know this). Anyway, I came across your answer to this question while researching a gaming laptop from Best buy to see if it would be compatible, and I noted your advice in your answer. BUT, can you help me with suggestions on what I can buy to meet the pcvr/link cable requirements, without spending more than needed being that with twins I have to buy two gaming laptops. I am trying to figure out what to get and afraid of wasting money if I end up with garbage. I am not tech savvy and there is so much to factor that I am stuck. If you can't right now, that's okay. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Many thanks either way. -Michelle