cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red X and Pink Circles on Guardian Floor

NosePunch
Adventurer

So lately every time I boot up my Quest 2 and the Guardian comes up there is this red X in the middle of it with numerous pink circles spaced out over the sides of the floor.  Then normally disappear once I'm in my Home environment, but tonight the were on the floor in it too.  How can I get rid of them and stop them from showing up again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NosePunch
Adventurer

Never mind, clearing my guardian history got rid of them.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

NosePunch
Adventurer

Never mind, clearing my guardian history got rid of them.

NosePunch
Adventurer

Well, apparently this didn't fix the issue, it came back yesterday.  So I cleared my Guardian history again and it was gone but then tonight the issue was back.  This time it was just pink dots on the Guardian floor, which even showed up in my Home Environment.  I completely shutdown my Quest 2 every night, so it's a rebooted when I use it the next day.  But nothing seems to be fixing this issue.  Oculus please help!!!

1. Turn off space sense if its enabled
  2. vacuum floor
  3. clean the camera lenses with microfiber cloth
  4. adjust lighting
  5. eliminate sunlight bleed from windows.

HeyResistoon!

Thank you for being a part of the Oculus family! We hate to hear your device is not working up the the expectation we have and you deserve. We are here to help! 

Feel free to PM us at: https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We look forward to seeing you in VR! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Space Scenes is not on.  The floor is clean.  I always clean the external lenses before each use.  The lighting is the same as it always has been, which is more than enough room light.  No sunlight as I use it at night.

So I PM'd you guys and all I was told was to review your articles about the Guardian.  Seriously?!  You guys didn't even address my issue!  Talk about terrible support!

Hello, thanks for your response. Let's try other options to get this matter resolved for you.

To begin, please follow the steps below:

• Charge your headset for at least 2 hours so that it is fully charged
  • Test another app/game to rule out an app specific issue
  • Cover any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces
  • Try a different play space and note if the tracking improves
  • Attempt to complete a reboot of the headset by holding down the power and volume (-) at the same time for 30 seconds to load the boot menu. Hit exit and reboot from the menu.

If the issue continues, complete a Factory reset on your Quest headset following these steps:

1. Turn off your Oculus Quest.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight ‘yes’ and press the power button.

If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before performing the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer.

Let us know if you need anything else.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

NosePunch
Adventurer

Maybe you don't understand the issue.  The red X in the center of the Guardian and the pink circles appear when my Quest 2 is starting up and sets up my saved Guardian profile, then it is also in my Home Environment.  It doesn't appear in any of my games.  There are no reflective surfaces in the room I use it in.  I am very reluctant to do a factory reset, because then I will have to enter my password in all over again and probably have to re-download all my games and that's along process.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue with their Quest 2 or that you've never heard of it before.  I didn't have this issue with my original Quest, not once!

Hello Resistoon, thanks for providing us with more details of your issue. We're sure that you are not the only one having the issue. Rest assured, we're here to help! From what you described, it does not sound like a major issue. We suggest resetting your guardian. If the issue persists, we recommend submitting a support ticket. To do so, you may click here