cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeemed Game Code Wrong Help

stabby.unicorn
Honored Guest

My husband is managing my son's account through parental supervision. He shared a link with me and I thought we were supervisory to my son on a family account. I claimed the redemption code on my account but realized it needed to be in my husband's to enable my son to use it. Can I share it with my husband in any way or can I somehow remove from my account and redeem it again from my husband's? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @stabby.unicorn! We understand you've redeemed the game to the wrong account on your headset, which can certainly be troublesome. We're here to help get this resolved for you! We may require some sensitive information from your account, please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @stabby.unicorn! We understand you've redeemed the game to the wrong account on your headset, which can certainly be troublesome. We're here to help get this resolved for you! We may require some sensitive information from your account, please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did basically the same thing. Redeemed code while I was setting up son's account, and now no other account can access. I didn't know it had be done on mine. I sent a message. Please help, I feel like I ruined this for everyone 😔 

Hello, Mamita416 We saw that you were having trouble with the code process, and we know how much time this may take away from you. Please allow us to help.

1. Since how long has this been happening?
  2. Did you create your son's own account when you set up his?

Hi! We created my account yesterday first, then added his account. While on his account, I redeemed the resident evil 4 code. Now I can't access it on the main account at all. I didn't know I had to redeem under mine. We haven't even tried to play it yet, can you help me move it to mine (primary)?

Hello, Mamita416 We appreciate you getting in touch with us again. We recognize that this could be a perplexing scenario, but you can try to  share play the game on multiple accounts if it is compatible with that game; otherwise, you'll have to repurchase it on your account or use your son's account.