cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal code not working

WASL2010
Honored Guest

My cousin has bought a Quest 2. I set it up for her using my Referal code and we both have received nothing. My sister who also boutght one last week I received the Referal money straight away. What could you suggest is the issue?  Both have been setup the same way

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @WASL2010! We noticed that you are experiencing some issues with your referral credit. We definitely understand how disappointing something like that can be and we'd love to get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! So that we may gather some personal information from you, we'd like to invite you to send us a private message. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @WASL2010! We noticed that you are experiencing some issues with your referral credit. We definitely understand how disappointing something like that can be and we'd love to get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! So that we may gather some personal information from you, we'd like to invite you to send us a private message. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I bought the Quest 3, and my friends are interested, but my referral code is not working.

Hey there, @JamaalsMetaGuide! It seems your referral code is not working. We definitely don't want you missing out on using these credits on your headset, so we're happy to look into this! In order for the referral process to be successful, both accounts must be eligible for the referral. Please confirm the following points apply:

• The receiver of the referral link must not already own a Quest 2 or Quest 3.
  • The sender of the referral link must be an owner of either the Quest 2 or the Quest 3 headset.
  • The referral code must be applied prior to setting up the new headset.
  • Both accounts must be in a Meta Quest supported country.

Let us know if you meet these requirements so we can take a closer look!

Ok all of those apps to me and my friends, but the code will not even pull up the web domain. Stating the page dose not exist. 

What happens if the person being referred ends up returning their headset? Not looking for an exploit, but I am actually curious how you prevent it.

Hi again @JamaalsMetaGuide, so after you made your profile with that link, you'll need to login to the website first before you can accept the link. Can you try this and let us know how it goes? 

Hiya hiya! We're just moseying on over to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

C0rnycat
Honored Guest

Hello there,

I hope I can find help here. I received a Meta Quest 3 as a gift and I'm thrilled. I wanted to use a friend's reflink but without success. An error message appears. It also says in the overview of my device that it is no longer under warranty even though it is new. Can you add the reflink later with the help of support? And it would be good if the guarantee could be explained further.

The device with serial Number:

Meta Quest 3 128 GB
2G0***************

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there @C0rnycat! I was checking out this thread and noticed that you had posted your serial number publicly. I went ahead and redacted it for your safety and to protect your privacy. 

Just remember that support will only ask for certain information in the PMs and not in any threads. I hope this was insightful information for you!

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?